What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Can you save me a mint?

DevonBenRCZ

Reaction score
New year favour...

Have 2/3 gremlins in the RCZ that I'd love to sort...

1. What bonding compound should I use to re fix the rubber for seal (come away from door linkg passenger side)

2. About to bite the bullet on a new regulator assembly for my window (OS) - £150 on eBay but is there a simpler fix? Noise from motor when using switch but no up or down action.

3. Just had new front coils fitted and had a comprehensive investigation into knocking sound over small bumps (driving straight) garage can't see any play in any bushes or drop links etc - any ideas what this might be? Top mounts? Would love to get this sorted cheaply!

Just had both front coils and ABS sensor replaced as well as rear hub costing close to £700 - still knocking!

Happy new year to you all!

Pedro

Reaction score
I used high strength spray glue to fix my Lads focus ST door seals which were forever dropping out & they have stuck OK
The window regulator could be numerous issues sensors motor malfunction even the mechanism has been know to fail there are posts on the site regarding the window faults
The suspension on these cars is hard as nails I have had knocking on my 200GT since I bought it it has past 4 MOTs with no suspension issues although it did alter on speed bumps when I bought 2 new front tyres (went quieter} but the top joints were suspiciously suspect on earlier variants also heat shields were known to come loose but I think it was the owners not used to experiencing the lower hard ride before so its trial & error to find the source if there actually is one
One thing you could do is determine when & how much the knocking occurs when the car is in motion ie on a bumpy road turning a corner going over speed bumps or when braking & accelerating
Knocking can be usually associated with suspension driveshaft cv couplings wheel bearings or loose or failing engine mountings

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The front strut top mounts were subject to a notice from Peugeot. They are supposed to be replaced foc if the owner reports knocking from them. I had mine done a good few years ago after reporting the same,
Might be worth a trip to a main dealer and have a word. Make sure you make it known that you are aware of the notice though.