What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bum Craters On Seat

A

Anonymous

I have no other way to describe the problem in the short space available as a three topic.

I have a Magnetic which has a very distinctive interior, unfortunately the drivers seat has developed what I can only describe as Bum Craters where my bony a*** sits whilst driving and this spoils the effect somewhat (nice straight lines of stitching make curves and craters very obvious) is there a way of repairing this stretch?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Unfortunately it is a "feature" of the RCZ's leather. Other members suffer from it to a greater or lesser extent.
It's all to do with the foam used in the seats. Basically, it's not thick enough to stop the leather rucking up through continued wear on the seat.

I've bad both my RCZ's seats retrimmed aftermarket. The first suffered the same problem as yours is but to a lesser extent.
My current Z has also been retrimmed but this time I chose to have the leather quilted. This was chosen on purpose as quilted leather has additional foam fitted to the seats thereby making the leather more forgiving thereby making rucking non existent. 10 months and 8000 miles into ownership of my facelifted Z and my seats show no signs of rucking/creasing whatsoever. It's was the best decision I made to get quilted leather :)

A

Anonymous

Every rcz suffers from this one of the worst faults of its interior

A

Anonymous

When ur in the car no one will ever see it look at it that way the only fault if u could call it a fault I've had ;)

A

Anonymous

Plenty of leather cream from new is only way to prevent this. Once the leather is stretched you need to recover to fix.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Leather cream won't prevent it but it will certainly help to keep it as supple as possible :)

Yeah, it wont prevent this but it will pro-long the "good-as-new" look... that and a nice little petite bum from the regular driver also helps :lol: (talking about the Mrs, not me :lol: :lol: :lol: )

RCZ1

Reaction score
MaX83 said:
RCZ1 said:
Leather cream won't prevent it but it will certainly help to keep it as supple as possible :)

Yeah, it wont prevent this but it will pro-long the "good-as-new" look... that and a nice little petite bum from the regular driver also helps :lol: (talking about the Mrs, not me :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Oh I thought you were talking about my petite bum ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
MaX83 said:
RCZ1 said:

Oh I thought you were talking about my petite bum ;)

Interwebz rule # 751 - Pictures or it didnt happen ;)

A

Anonymous

The seat I sat on had "craters"

The seat my missus sat on didnt.

I went on a diet. :beer:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
MaX83 said:
Interwebz rule # 751 - Pictures or it didnt happen ;)

The pictures I have of my derriere are not suitable for showing on this forum :eusa-think: :wtf: :eek:

Those are the best kind now arent they :beer:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys and girls, I shall invest in some leather cream to try and slow down any further cratering :)
Sadly I kerbed my front passenger side wheel so I have other stuff to worry about now :(

Here is what I meant by cratering btw:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I thought maybe the slightly new style leather in the RCZ would have helped to avoid this happening but obviously not :(

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi I know this is a old thread, hope that's the right term. My solution is a wedge of foam covered in sheepskin. This also gives extra support to the back of my legs just above the knee making for a more comfortable seating pos ition.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Other members suffer from it to a greater or lesser extent.
:)

Mine is "greater" unfortunately :( Specifically kept the standard seats on the MINI for this reason, never again will I have leather seats ....certainly wouldn't CHOOSE to have them anymore. Still gone for heated though :)

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
DarloBlack said:

They look like wallet marks Darlo!!! Easily fixed....pass your wallet (and contents) this way :lol: :lol:

That's the worse case of seat rippling l have ever seen,even after nearly 2 years the seats in the rcz l had didn't look like that :shock: