What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bulb change over

Pedro

Reaction score
Fitted 2 LEDs in the front indicators tried hazards first but passenger side had what I suspect was a can bus conflict as it was out of sync so after many attempts including cleaning the holder inside the housing & contacts with Halfords electrical cleaner it still played up so I left it switched on for 5 mins whilst servicing a mates motor then went back to it then switched off & left it for 2 mins then tried again & it worked as normal so maybe the system was trying to reconfigured to the bulb change?

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
The earlier ones were useless but now most of the newer types have been redesigned to be can bus compatible I think my passenger side bulb had to be trained for the car to recognise it is different spec?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I tried some “canbus” led‘s a few years ago when replacing a brake bulb. The bulbs worked, but the led’s that go round the rear light clusters went out on the offside & flickered on the other.
The company were very good & ended up sending me several different spec bulbs, but all had more or less the same result. They eventually just refunded me & said it seemed some cars were more fickle than others when it came to canbus errors.
I never thought to leave them for a while to see if the car “learned” the new bulbs.

Pedro

Reaction score
I had some led lights in the number plate but they interfered with the led on the tail lights so I gave up an put the std bulbs back in
I took your advice & took them out for now as passenger side has a gremlin my lads going to check em tomorrow he reckons you turn them round in the holder if they play up & he should know he's a senior tech in a BIG central police force workshop😄

Pedro

Reaction score
He suggested you sell me you car for a nominal amount maybe well below trade prices then recommends a speed awareness course before you buy a Fiat 500 to keep you out of trouble! 😂

Marmite

Reaction score
Can’t see that working a fiat Abarth will get me into just much trouble 😂an judging by some of the “R” for sale I would let mine go for 15,000 🤔

Pedro

Reaction score
Yep just as I thought your a speed merchant! Although 1500 pesetas isn't a bad price I would definitely consider buying it to use as a Vicars Sunday runabout 😂