What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Broken passengers seat.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just happened to park up next to a lady RCZ driver in Sheffield today and she was having trouble with her passenger seat back not engaging when she had dropped it forward to put some shopping on the rear seats.
The backrest of the seat was just flopping back and forward and wouldn't hold upright I'm sure I've seen a post with something similar but can't find it I've introduced her to the forum so she may enrol tonight and ask the question herself.
Can anyone shine some light?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My daughters Mini did the same thing. I also think I've seen it on here, but I can't find it either. :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone recently had this problem and it was an easy fix. :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The fix for the mini was to literally force the seat as far back as possible (it took some weight & felt like you were breaking the seat) this apparently puts the mechanism back into place. :eek:

We gave it a go & it worked :thumbup:

Now I'm not suggesting that's the way to fix yours, & I can't remember what the fix was on the forum & still can't find it. :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that Pete I found the post and yes that's exactly how they fixed the RCZ seat but the seat was removed first then laid as flat as possible to reset the mechanism.
Cheers :thumbup:
Hope the lady reads this and sorts it out! :eusa-think:

Mdonnelly

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but had the same issue a few weeks ago after my son was cleaning my car. I just used the electric seat button to raise the seat and it all seems fine again

minky

Reaction score
Does the electric mechanism need to be fully backwards or forwards before attempting the reset manoeuvre? Having same trouble here, even after removing the seat from the car.