What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Brake Servo removal !!!

Blackcapbob

Reaction score
Afternoon All, My wife's RCZ 200 has a blow diaphragm in the servo, hissing sound in the passenger footwell and small amount of fluid oh and rock hard brake pedal !!. I know servos dont usually go but this one has and at the moment its been a pain.

I have a replacement servo and the Peugeot tool 0818Z to uncouple the servo rod from the brake pedal bar (Toe board assembly), and there the problem begins.

The manual states ' Pull gently on the brake pedal and uncouple the rod of the brake servo from the brake pedal using tool 0818Z ' and a crap photo of where the tool goes.

I have taken the glove box out to give more space, I have tried to locate the tool with the servo bolted up and later unbolted and the mounting slackened to give more space but I can not fathom out where the tool goes, it is a plastic tool and will break under any force I suspect, there is a white clip in a metal container welded to the bar of the brake pedal and that is holding the servo rod in place.

Is there anyone that has replaced the servo on their car, and how did they go about it other than give it to Peugeot to sort, when I spoke to my local Peugeot garage they said servos don't normally go, we don't do any work on RCZ's so don't bring it here !!!.

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers Bob.

Pedro

Reaction score
I have not done the Z yet! but changed a few on other cars
I have this info if its any use it also shows where the tool is correctly positioned

Attachments

• Brake servo #1.PNG
    Brake servo #1.PNG
    119 KB · Views: 21
  • Brake servo 1.PNG
    Brake servo 1.PNG
    142.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Brake servo 2.PNG
    Brake servo 2.PNG
    269.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Brake servo.PNG
    Brake servo.PNG
    264.2 KB · Views: 24

Blackcapbob

Reaction score
Hi Pedro, Thanks for your diagrams I have those as well, according to Peugeot they have altered the tool which I have but can not insert it anywhere to compress the plastic retaining clip to allow the servo rod to be released from the brake pedal bar, its frustrating its so close to coming apart.

I could do with speaking to someone who has replaced the servo successfully, everything is ready to separate but the retaining clip is doing its job tooooooo well.

Cheers Bob

Pedro

Reaction score
OK Bob sorry I can't offer any assistance without seeing it in up close

chunky1968

Reaction score
Afternoon All, My wife's RCZ 200 has a blow diaphragm in the servo, hissing sound in the passenger footwell and small amount of fluid oh and rock hard brake pedal !!. I know servos dont usually go but this one has and at the moment its been a pain.

I have a replacement servo and the Peugeot tool 0818Z to uncouple the servo rod from the brake pedal bar (Toe board assembly), and there the problem begins.

The manual states ' Pull gently on the brake pedal and uncouple the rod of the brake servo from the brake pedal using tool 0818Z ' and a crap photo of where the tool goes.

I have taken the glove box out to give more space, I have tried to locate the tool with the servo bolted up and later unbolted and the mounting slackened to give more space but I can not fathom out where the tool goes, it is a plastic tool and will break under any force I suspect, there is a white clip in a metal container welded to the bar of the brake pedal and that is holding the servo rod in place.

Is there anyone that has replaced the servo on their car, and how did they go about it other than give it to Peugeot to sort, when I spoke to my local Peugeot garage they said servos don't normally go, we don't do any work on RCZ's so don't bring it here !!!.

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers Bob.
Can I ask where you got tool from as can't find or or even a picture of one,cheers

chrismac

Reaction score
Is this any help...
1664916466172.png

Its in the section for removing/refitting pedal bracket.

Attachments

• 1664916971628.png
    1664916971628.png
    139 KB · Views: 12

chunky1968

Reaction score
Is this any help...
View attachment 13085

Its in the section for removing/refitting pedal bracket.
Can it only be removed with the 0818 tool? If so where can you purchase it as he's had my car 12 days now and no further forward.At the minute it's feeling like tell him put it back together and take it to Peugeot.

chrismac

Reaction score
Looking at the removal tool, it seems that once in position it needs to be rotated to compress the spring. I cant think of another way of doing it so it would seem this tool is essential.

Pedro

Reaction score
That is listed as a Peugeot service tool & I haven't seen one about you could try a search across the web to find out if there is an aftermarket type
Laser sells a lot of service stuff or Sealey etc