What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Brake fade

Marmite

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some front pads for my R , Iv changed them recently,To Brembo pads but I find there putting to much heat into the discs an are fading under one or two hard brakes and I’m not impressed with them at all .

Kerr

Reaction score
I have Ferodo DS2500 on my car. They are massively better than the standard Peugeot pad.

You're not too far short of £200 a set.

MPC

Reaction score
must say, brembo parts have been dissapointing to a lot of people lately according to the internet and a few friends of mine, dont know the specifics, but it seems that brembo-badges get slapped on a lot of products since brembo acquired some other manufacturers recently.

Marmite

Reaction score
I found the standard pads have no bite an the “ brembos” have loads but they don’t like to be worked to much , 200 is a bit steep or is it

MPC

Reaction score
i personally dont have new pads or disks yet (mine will need replacement after the summer) bu i've heard great things abut those ferodo (light wear, brake hard and not a lot of heat) so might be worth the cash, especially on an " R"

Kerr

Reaction score
I found the standard pads have no bite an the “ brembos” have loads but they don’t like to be worked to much , 200 is a bit steep or is it

EBC yellowstuff are a bit cheaper, but I'm not confident with EBC. Others rate them. They are about £110.

There is a set of DS2500 on eBay for £175. Godspeed are £185.

Like most things quality costs. There's even more expensive pads if you're doing track days.

MPC

Reaction score
would you guys also go with the ferodo with a THP156 (tune with 200hp) and the "small" brake discs? i need to replace the entire thing (front and back) after the summer, so im still a bit in limbo on the daily usability (cant find too much info on noise and colder performance)

indoldn

Reaction score
would you guys also go with the ferodo with a THP156 (tune with 200hp) and the "small" brake discs? i need to replace the entire thing (front and back) after the summer, so im still a bit in limbo on the daily usability (cant find too much info on noise and colder performance)
I have a THP200 and hoping to replace all my discs and pads in the next couple of weeks. I've gone with a set of MTEC c hook discs (340mm front, 290mm rear which should the same with all RCZ) and Ferodo ecofriction pads. Don't think you can get Ferodo DS2500 for front brakes of non R models.

MPC

Reaction score
I might be able to actually make an adapter for the 304 to 340mm and for the 304/340 to the R brakes, since i have a 3d-scanner, quite a bit of CAD knowledge and access to metal 3d-printing and a CNC-machine.... now i just need access to a thp200 and a R

jr4070

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some front pads for my R , Iv changed them recently,To Brembo pads but I find there putting to much heat into the discs an are fading under one or two hard brakes and I’m not impressed with them at all .
I am looking at the £250 region on Ferrodo..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-110932_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-110932_Chrome.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 6

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I went with the black diamond drilled and grooved discs and pads all round and I’ve been very impressed with them 👍

Kerr

Reaction score
Now £215.

It feels like everything is going up in price lately.

There is some on eBay for £190.

It looks like a reputable company. They charge £232 on their own website.

Marmite

Reaction score
I wish I had the money to waste on 200 pound brake pads , just hope you don’t get in front of me with my budget tyres an my 30 pound mintex pads least I got new discs 🙄

Pedro

Reaction score
I wish I had the money to waste on 200 pound brake pads , just hope you don’t get in front of me with my budget tyres an my 30 pound mintex pads least I got new discs 🙄
Brake fade can be attributed to the aggressive way the car is driven or to coin an old phrase "Driving on the Brakes" persistent brake use with stop & start journeys means the heat doesn't have time to escape from the constant friction so the pads will just skid along the discs thus you get brake failure you could put the most expensive pads in the world on any car but its the way the car is driven that makes all the difference between a life & death scenario

77minty77

Reaction score
Ive ordered EBC Yellowstuff and MTEC grooved disc's for the front of the my car today , should have them both in in the new 2/3 weeks . Will report back when they've been fit and bed in