What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bought rcz

tm2204

Reaction score
Good luck with your car 👍

Have a good look around this site for the common problems you might face with the 156 THP. I was lucky with mine (so far, touch wood 🤞) and only had to replace the turbo oil feed line 👍

tm2204

Reaction score
No worries mate. Lot's of knowledgeable & helpful people on here to help you 👍

My advice to you is to fully service your car (all the filters: oil, air, cabin/pollen), check and/or replace your spark plugs and ensure you use Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5w-30 oil. Then keep the oil topped up to the max (the engine burns some oil) by checking the dipstick weekly. Don't wait till the oil light on the dash tells you its low.

This car greatly benefits from the correct grade of oil kept at the correct level and changed regularly (every 5-6k miles). By doing this you give yourself the best chance to stave off any timing chain / chain tensioner issues that are common with this engine.

Hopefully being a 2012 car your chain will have been changed already and is now running good 👍

Two things I do which may or may not help are... 1) When I start the car I don't move or engage gear for 30 secs to 1 min to allow the oil reach the top of the chain/cams. Gives me time to put my seatbelt on and switch to Bluetooth for Spotify streaming 😁 2) When I come to a stop I let the car idle again for 30 secs to 1 min to let the turbo spin down; I don't just turn off the ignition immediately.