What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Boot foam liner

sean

Reaction score
So after a disastrous attempt at changing my wheel I've decided to get rid of the spare and go with the foam, was wandering if someone could tell me what size foam can I need and what else
comes with the car instead of a spare wheel, I've found the liner in ebay just want to replace everything that should come with the car.

I think this is the correct liner

Thanks

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it's the correct one there's a few in the scrap yard I go to... But I hope you remember that once you have used the foam most garages refuse to fix the tyres as its such a mess and you will have to buy a new tyre.... That's why I have a spare 19"Alloy in the car at all times...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

sean

Reaction score
Looks like it's the correct one there's a few in the scrap yard I go to... But I hope you remember that once you have used the foam most garages refuse to fix the tyres as its such a mess and you will have to buy a new tyre.... That's why I have a spare 19"Alloy in the car at all times...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Thanks

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Just for a balanced argument. I've not had a spare in my last 3 cars.
A 508 GT, RCZ and my current GT86.
I've never had a puncture in over 20 years of driving. I guess I must be lucky.

My Rover had a slow puncture due to a corroded alloy wheel, but I'm not counting that, as it took well over a week to deflate.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
You have been very lucky not to have had a punchure but it can happen to anyone at any time if we knew what we were never going to get one best get a lottery ticket...

Woodso

Reaction score
I also have never had a puncture since my 1st car in 1978 but I always used to have the piece of mind of having a spare. Since buying my wife's C4 and the RCZ this is the 1st time I have been aware that if I do have a puncture, there is no spare to fall back on, meaning new tyres would have to be purchased if I used the "Gunk". Money saving by the manufacturers means more expense for the consumer.

sean

Reaction score
This is the 1st puncture I've had in 4 years, I'll use the water based tyre gunk if I get another puncture then I'll go to my mates garage if he won't clean out the tyre I will and then get him to repair it.