What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Blow Off Valve or Diverter Valve

EDR

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 200THP 2011 and just found out that the stock Diverter Valve is completely broken.

So I'm thinking of replacing it but can't decide between replacing it with a BOV or a DV. I'd prefer to change it with a DV that works with a piston instead of the rubber diaphragm. The problem is, I can't seem to find this anywhere (if anyone got a link from ebay it'd be appreciated). In the meantime, I have found a BOV that would fit and is reasonable (it's similar to the forge BOV). But I've been reading that BOVs can reduce performance by increasing the lag time.

In your opinion, should I just install the BOV or keep looking to try find a DV?

Thanks in advance!

EDR

Reaction score
Yeah I had a look at that as well and it looked pretty nice cuz I could just use the stock solenoid, but it's a little bit too pricey for now ahahahahahha

I haven't done any tuning to the car so I can't really justify the cost/benefit of buying that one for now.

Instead I got the Pierburg DV Version D, will be arriving in about a 10 days so let's see how that goes

2retro

Reaction score
You can ones exactly the same without the branding for less than £10 on eBay. They all do the same thing. Best tenner I ever spent!

Valex

Reaction score
You can ones exactly the same without the branding for less than £10 on eBay. They all do the same thing. Best tenner I ever spent!

The cheap ones are not the same. I have also one from Aliexpress that I paid less than 5 Euro but it is just a spacer. The expensive ones have a metal cylinder that replaces the plastic one of the original electric actuator.

2retro

Reaction score
It's the same - goes 'Tishhhhhh!' when you lift off the gas! If you want to pay 10 times the price for it though that's your choice. 😁

EDR

Reaction score
It's the same - goes 'Tishhhhhh!' when you lift off the gas! If you want to pay 10 times the price for it though that's your choice. 😁
I think Valex was talking about a DV replacement for the more expensive ones, the BOV spacers are pretty cheap and makes the "tishhh" sound but I been reading around that they mess up with the car's readings and make it run richer 🤷🏻‍♂️

Valex

Reaction score
Right, for less than 10 €/£/$ , that I know, only the spacers with the side holes are available.
The DV+ is not blowing air outside but diverting it (same as the original setup) and it replace the plastic part of the original actuator with a metal one that is more resistant.
Spacers are just for the Tishhhhhh, cheap version of a real BOV.
DV+ is an upgrade of the original DV plastic electric actuator.

Pedro

Reaction score
I checked their website many moons ago & the 200GT wasn't listed only a 156 150BHP?
I enquired for my car & reply was they reckoned the one for the 3008 fitted the RCZ not sure if that's correct so I never followed it up

Nemi

Reaction score
I checked their website many moons ago & the 200GT wasn't listed only a 156 150BHP?
I enquired for my car & reply was they reckoned the one for the 3008 fitted the RCZ not sure if that's correct so I never followed it up
I have installed it on my THP 200. In the instructions, they show THP 200 variant fitment. The only issue was I had to grind one edge of DV a little bit. DV was touching another component and would not fit perfectly but a little grinding does the job.

dv.png

Maybe this is the reason they do not list THP 200 on their page.

Last edited:

EDR

Reaction score
I have installed it on my 200GT. In the instructions, they show 200GT variant fitment. The only issue was I had to grind one edge a little bit. DV was touching another component and would not fit perfectly but a little grinding does the job.

View attachment 12092

Maybe this is the reason they do not list 200GT on their page.
Thanks for the heads up! I wouldn't have known about that, I'll put it into consideration for my future purchase

Pedro

Reaction score
I have had a email for from DVT+ The correct part No for the 200 GT is T9352 so I may see how worn the original valve piston & seal are before swopping over

EDR

Reaction score
Just as a reference to how bad my original DV was when I opened it... 💀💀💀

Attachments

• IMG_20211113_084952.jpg
    IMG_20211113_084952.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 26