What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bleeding coolant help

admirion

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm also now getting stuck with the fact that my heater isn't getting warm. This wasn't a problem until this week 😂
I've checked my coolant level and its quite low, I also noticed that the cap is cracked and is letting air in. A new cap is coming tomorrow but I'm guessing that I've now got mayjor air leeks in the system and that's what causing the low heat. I've read that there is a screw you can turn to bleed it but I cant find it anywhere. Does anyone have a photo of it in situ?

Thanks

Mikefrank

Reaction score
Theres one at the back of the engine it’s on the hose that goes through the bulk head you can’t see it from the top unless you remove pipes/hoses etc to get to it…I did a small write up on here a while back on changing my thermostat bit of a sod of a job as my heaters were cold a changed thermostat sorted it but Heater matrix are prone to failing…

brickwalls

Reaction score
Just for Reference, here is the bleed vent closest to the Heater Matrix.

It sits on the hose at the firewall at the rear left of the engine beside the brake fluid reservoir. One photo is from the top with the valve cover still attached. The other is with the Air Filter Cover & Turbo Intake Tube removed. You can see an orange bleed line attached to the vent, this is to minimise coolant mess, and create an air lock during the bleeding.

OK you don't have to remove the Air box & turbo intake, but it is easier see what you are doing. I have big gummy hands, and can bleed it by feel, but you have to wash out spilled coolant.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230210-203216.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230210-203216.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230210_203647.jpg
    20230210_203647.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 84