What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

black roof arches

Fenderjaz

Reaction score
Hi, the black roof arches on my Z are begining to discolour and getting a bit patchy in places, does anyone have any advice/recommendations on how's best to restore/maintain them ?

Thanks

apple3337

Reaction score
Try a medium to heavy cut polish compound. Sounds crazy right? I restored mine doing that. They look new now. Lot's of rubbing required. If that doesn't work you can always have them painted.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum I have had the wife's arches painted gloss black to match the roof cost £250 don't have to worry about the faded arches no more...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Fenderjaz

Reaction score
Try a medium to heavy cut polish compound. Sounds crazy right? I restored mine doing that. They look new now. Lot's of rubbing required. If that doesn't work you can always have them painted.
yes I noticed earlier posts re the arches....tried the cutting compound works a treat.... initially doesn't look great but work it and it comes up nice.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Don’t be frightened to use a short bristle brush too, such as a nail brush. This works into the “grain” on the arches and helps bring them up.
Mine had been looking a bit shabby recently but after a couple of hours work they’re like new again 👍

Headlights next 🤔

apple3337

Reaction score
yes I noticed earlier posts re the arches....tried the cutting compound works a treat.... initially doesn't look great but work it and it comes up nice.
I'm glad you posted up your results. I'm sure people think it's a stupid idea and it won't work. It's definitely worth a shot on your plastic arches. If it doesn't work, move onto plan B. No big deal.....

Woodso

Reaction score
I have used Turtle Wax restoring polish and 5000 grit Wet and Dry, on my headlights to remove the crazing/discolouring. That works a treat and some spray on wax after, jobs a gud un.

Fenderjaz

Reaction score

Don’t be frightened to use a short bristle brush too, such as a nail brush. This works into the “grain” on the arches and helps bring them up.
Mine had been looking a bit shabby recently but after a couple of hours work they’re like new again 👍

Headlights next 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20210725_130952.jpg
    IMG_20210725_130952.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210725_130944.jpg
    IMG_20210725_130944.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 31

Fenderjaz

Reaction score
Intialy result was good..... until it rained....white patches/marks all over ☹️☹️ anybody else experience this using 303 ?

apple3337

Reaction score
Intialy result was good..... until it rained....white patches/marks all over ☹️☹️ anybody else experience this using 303 ?
Try hitting it again with the heavy compound.
Did you finish it off with Aerospace 303? I did and I've had no issues after 12 months of using it repeatedly.

Kevin tirebuck

Reaction score
Hi, the black roof arches on my Z are begining to discolour and getting a bit patchy in places, does anyone have any advice/recommendations on how's best to restore/maintain them ?

Thanks
Hi, I actually had my roof bars wrapped in black, fantastic finnish20201005_161826.jpg, no discolouring after 8 months, that's the way to go....

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
At what cost to get them wrapped?
Autoglym bumper gel works well but needs reapplying after three or four times of washing your RCZ very quick to do and you will be amazed... Hope this helps out very cheap fix too.

Kevin tirebuck

Reaction score
It cost me £150.00 to get the arches wrapped and the chrome on the front badge, came with a guarantee, any problem's replaced at no cost, just a wash and looks amazing, completely recomend it.

Mikefrank

Reaction score
It cost me £150.00 to get the arches wrapped and the chrome on the front badge, came with a guarantee, any problem's replaced at no cost, just a wash and looks amazing, completely recomend it.
Never thought about having them wrapped 🤔
That’s my next mod sorted👍