What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Big service - list and suggestions

NF7

Reaction score
Since my car is going to hit 120k km soon, I'm going to do a big service this summer.

Should I replace the timing chain and the tensioner just in case due to its age (there is currently no rattle)? There are no problems with the car at the moment - want to keep it that way :D

My plan currently is:

Motor Oil (0w30)
All the regular maintenance things (air filter, cabin filter, oil filter, etc.).
Fuel filter
Spark plugs (NKG Iridium)
Changing the coolant liquid
Changing the power steering liquid
Transmission oil (RL MT90)
Possibly the belt for the alternator and AC

Any other suggestions? Also, you can post suggestions for good (better than original) air filter replacements, etc. Otherwise, I'm going to put in the original parts.

Pedro

Reaction score
Put in a K&N panel Air filter they can go up to 50.000 KLM without any issues you can buy a kit for cleaning the filter & what I did was kept my old filter which was in clean condition then when I need to remove the K&N to clean it I reuse my old one for the duration of letting the K&N dry out properly (they recommend around 24Hrs) before refit
Only other thing I would do is use the 5w.30 with that high mileage but its your choice

Reactions: NF7

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score
Since my car is going to hit 120k km soon, I'm going to do a big service this summer.

Should I replace the timing chain and the tensioner just in case due to its age (there is currently no rattle)? There are no problems with the car at the moment - want to keep it that way :D

My plan currently is:

Motor Oil (0w30)
All the regular maintenance things (air filter, cabin filter, oil filter, etc.).
Fuel filter
Spark plugs (NKG Iridium)
Changing the coolant liquid
Changing the power steering liquid
Transmission oil (RL MT90)
Possibly the belt for the alternator and AC

Any other suggestions? Also, you can post suggestions for good (better than original) air filter replacements, etc. Otherwise, I'm going to put in the original parts.

You've forgotten probably the most important fluid, second only to engine oil and that is ............. brake fluid!

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
You've forgotten probably the most important fluid, second only to engine oil and that is ............. brake fluid!
Thanks, I added brake fluid and battery replacement to the list.