What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Big red warning box!

wilsofar

Reaction score
Enjoying a quiet drive back from a concert I took at constant speed bend at only 40 in 2nd or 3rd gear,in total probable 10 seconds of constant gentle G.

I was startled by a warning bleep and a red warning square pop up.

I was unable to see (partially obscured by turned steering wheel and concentrating on negotiating the bend) what the warning was and it disappeared after a couple of seconds.

There have been no oil level warning markers previously and I had topped the oil up recently, the water level and brake fluid levels are up to the mark.

OBD reader shows no codes which seems to indicate just a level warning reading.

Up to my gentle driving I had a brief but fast burst of acceleration maxing in 4th and 5th but for maybe 20 seconds before 5 minutes of 40 mph cruising in 6th just before the event.

It has behaved very well since substantial repairs (all the usual) so I'm a bit puzzled what the warning was.

D

Deleted User

wilsofar said:
Enjoying a quiet drive back from a concert I took at constant speed bend at only 40 in 2nd or 3rd gear,in total probable 10 seconds of constant gentle G.

I was startled by a warning bleep and a red warning square pop up.

I was unable to see (partially obscured by turned steering wheel and concentrating on negotiating the bend) what the warning was and it disappeared after a couple of seconds.

Maybe the handbrake wasn't all the way down? I've had that before?

Take the car for a drive and pull the handbrake up a few clicks and see what the message is...?