What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

BENT JACKING TAB FIX

PUGGI FAN

Reaction score
If you’ve just found that some idiot has bent over the jacking tabs on your RCZ, as I did, I can thoroughly recommend the garage that just sorted mine - Chris at SVS (Shropshire) Tel: 07973 135430 . Not only did they straighten the original tabs but they also added new reinforcing plates (which they fabricated themselves), incorporating the same vertical ridges of the original for added strength. These plates were then plug welded to the original tabs and sprayed with stone chip for protection. The new tabs are now twice as thick and hopefully, twice as strong.

Just one other thing - I took the sills off my car before I took the car in. If you decide to do the same just be aware that there are 4 torx screws beneath the stainless ‘Peugeot’ trim strips. These are a nightmare to remove as they are recessed and stuck down with a very strong tape. They’re very thin and mine bent as I removed them, so I’ve had to order replacements.

Attachments

• IMG_2562.JPG
    IMG_2562.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 57
  • rcz4.jpg
    rcz4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 56
  • rcz 2.jpg
    rcz 2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 55

Pedro

Reaction score
I had to have one of my fronts done before I fitted the side skirts it cost me £100 but he did same sort of job with reinforced inner plate we fathomed out what happens with these jacking points the sill is 2 seams welded together the outer one is higher than the inner & if they are stressed when lifting the car they tend to split open & bend outwards but I must say I have got to admire the absolute shite design for a car that cost £29.000ish when new :mad: