What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Belt replacement

TheJester

Reaction score
Hi guys.
On my continued search for my rcz....on a 61 plate diesel what is the belt replacement time or mileage please?
It's got 81k on the clock and hasn't been done.
I presume I should factor this in?

(Sorry for dumb question but want to check)

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had mine done on a 2013 Hdi at 80k as was informed that the timing belt needs to be changed ten years or 100k which ever comes first..
So if it was mine would get it done ASAP..rather than waiting... Hope this helps you out

Dave jc

Reaction score
Brought my RCZ 2010 last year it had 120000 on the clock, first job was the cam belt, glad I did as the belt had cracks
and very worn.
As verminator said above do it ASAP.

Shyn

Reaction score
Brought my RCZ 2010 last year it had 120000 on the clock, first job was the cam belt, glad I did as the belt had cracks
and very worn.
As verminator said above do it ASAP.
Hi, a quick follow up question, is this a big complicated job, can an independent garage do it or must it be a main dealer? Is it very costly?

s

Pedro

Reaction score
Changing the cam belt is fairly straight forward a decent indie garage should be able to do it its not rocket science

Dave jc

Reaction score
Go to your local small garage ask for a price for cam belt and tension kit replacement, they should have a standard price
then phone the main dealer for there price.
I cant give you my price as i had a full service, headlight motor replaced, cam belt kit,
good luck, let us know how you get on.