What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

'Beep'

boatdriver

Reaction score
Not sure if this post belongs here, but I get a 'beep' about every 5-8 minutes. I thought it might have been the radio but the beep still emits its sound with the radio off.Everything else is ok and working and no faults showing on the OBD. (1.6 THP)

Anyone got any ideas?

Pedro

Reaction score
Seat belt sensor assuming they are not all plugged in ?The other culprits can be Battery cells failing try disconnecting battery see if it reappears after power up this can apparently occur if a circuit is powered ie "Loop is live" but sensor is poss dying thus a slight voltage drop off causing a audible warning for that system hence seat belt bleep but not necessarily showing the warning light or could even occur due to wiring circuit faults ?

boatdriver

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro, I disconnected the battery and reconnected and will fund out later today if it has stopped the beep. Only problem is now the rear spoiler is at stage 2 and the button appears to be dead. Possible fuse blown and will have to get another and change it.

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro, I disconnected the battery and reconnected and will fund out later today if it has stopped the beep. Only problem is now the rear spoiler is at stage 2 and the button appears to be dead. Possible fuse blown and will have to get another and change it.
Odd the spoiler has activated if a fuse has blown? it may be its a circuit malfunction (power grounding out) or at a pinch you may need to reset the BCM to find out if there are any ancillary system faults you should always have a code reader on the car immediately after you reconnect the battery that way it will pick up any Historic codes lying dormant in the ECU these are past codes that have logged into the ECUs memory but only "ghost up" now & then when the Engine light keeps reappearing for other things they never cause a problem so not worth worrying about unless they are the underlying faults relating to specific component failure or even Electrical problems

thornebt

Reaction score
My rear spoiler did that. It would not respond to the button. However, when I took it for a run and exceeded 55mph it seemed to remember what it was supposed to do and returned to normal operation. Cheers. Bruce.

boatdriver

Reaction score
My rear spoiler did that. It would not respond to the button. However, when I took it for a run and exceeded 55mph it seemed to remember what it was supposed to do and returned to normal operation. Cheers. Bruce.
Kind did the same.