What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Battery lenght RCZ 2013 facelift Auto

rcz22

Reaction score
Hey
The car has been parked up for a good 7 months since before lockdown rarely driven as working from home
Today, it failed to start, drove it for half an hour last week
Breakdown said charging ok and as assume by me, flat battery due to cold weather lack of driving.
Cars done 21k miles FSH by the delaers

Thinking of buying a battery but search with car reg only one option
EG

Lion 075 Car Battery - 3 Year Guarantee

242x175x190mm

but the more poweful one comes up when I search via make, model etc and its' 272mm long but the bits are the same

Will the bigger one fit?

I looked at removing - measuring the battery but that is a task itself and breakdown man did not battery to check if its holding capacity but the car is good as it is charging he said as I thought

Thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
My did same but had 12v showing at the terminals & with standing idle the ECU is still live so may have had a cell/cells dying off went to Halfords & bought the Yuasa 12v 80H 740AMP fitted perfectly with plenty of Kick in it & on offer for £89 happy days 😊

rcz22

Reaction score
Thank you. We will see how it goes and fire up the car as parked for 40 mins once a week and drive 40 mins
and if battery goes flat again, will change.
Looks like you had the bigger battery.

Pedro

Reaction score
You could always try the Maypole trickle charger 7423a from ebay £22 one of the best in price & performance charged my sons Focus ST which stood for over 3 weeks & took around 2 hrs to get a full charge amazing compact units & they can be hooked up to the terminals for static quick fit waterproof connection

rcz22

Reaction score
Thank you all. ATM, I think we will just fire her up three times a week and if new battery fitted, will fire her up twice weekly.
The battery is not easy to take out,

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s not as bad as you think to change the battery it can be done in 20mins. If your only using infrequently your better off doing what Pedro said and buy a trickle charger and just keep it topped up on the car.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
You could always try the Maypole trickle charger 7423a from ebay £22 one of the best in price & performance charged my sons Focus ST which stood for over 3 weeks & took around 2 hrs to get a full charge amazing compact units & they can be hooked up to the terminals for static quick fit waterproof connection
Hope I dont drail the thread, but I have just ordered one from Amazon Pedro (£20). Are the croc clips OK to use, or would you go for the more permanent ring terminal connection? Would you clip the negative to the chassis or the battery?

Pedro

Reaction score
Crock clips are fine if you don't want a permanent connection as for the Negative its not recommended attaching to the battery as the ECU BCM & BSI are all still live therefore you need to attach it to the body/engine for the ground there are a few places near the battery so relatively easy to set up if you have the smart charger its a piece of cake

rcz22

Reaction score
Update, car was left standing for over a week, ie 8 days and won't start again
I'm looking at this battery.

It has a smaller counterpart, less powerful, same brand etc.

What do you guy's think?

It's 76 quid and few p with the so-called discount

At carparts4less, it's just over 68 quid and I think they are also owned by the same company that owns eurocarparts but do not have stores. It's free delivery but you have to pay for returns.

I've noted the red connector is on the right when facing the battery.

Why I type in our cars reg on the eurocarparts site it just sows the less powerful battery but when I do a car search it comes up with 4 options, one of the batteries is 429 quid with no discount

Thanks

Nemi

Reaction score
As for battery size, I have fitted 27.8cm X 17.5cm X 19cm (74 Ah, 680 A). The positive connector should be on the right side.

rcz22

Reaction score
Thank you Nemi, exactly the answer I was looking for.
HNY to yoo.

Nemi

Reaction score
Also, when replacing battery, keep your windows fully or down otherwise you will need to recalibrate them. My window was rolled down a bit and after battery replacement I couldn't roll them fully up.

If you need to recalibrate your windows, then the solution is to lower the window with the switch, and maintain pressure on the switch a few seconds longer so it can relearn the "down" position. Then raise the window and again keep the switch in the up position a few seconds longer to relearn the "up" position

rcz22

Reaction score
Thank you again, very helpful. We have the 1.6 thp automatic. We've had the timing chain changed on it at relatively low miles about 18 to 24 months ago as there was light noise and as we intended to keep the car had it changed, cost over 900 hundred at the main dealer, can't recall the exact figure. Is you car a 1.6 thp, please?

rcz22

Reaction score
Thank, will do a bit later, busy looking at home fit batteries.

rcz22

Reaction score
Thank you again. Hve read the link. We've gone for the home fit battery via halfords. It is their own brand, 4 year warranty, has high CCA.
The measures are as you stated.
I will tell them to roll down windows and I may be wrong but I don't think he'd be able to find the bonnet open latch inside the car and I will guid them hoe to open.
We are phoning them the day before the fitting to ask to make sure the fitter knows about RCZ as the breakdown was not aware how to access battery.

rcz22

Reaction score
Hi All
Had a more powerful, larger battery fitted today, a home fit via Halfords. It was 278 mm lonf the one taken out was shorter and completely dead.
I could not move the windows down.
The gent from halfords had done his homework and knew how to fit a battery.
I re-did the windows as advised here

Car works fine. We noted a bit of exhaust smoke even when warmed up and first noted that this summer. Having read posts here people often states the THP is known for that. Starts fine, runs fine, no lights on dash etc.

FYI, we had the timing chain changed when it had a very slight rattle via main dealer.
The car is pretty low miles FSH via main dealer.
It's an auto, face lift model
Thanks all.

K50 AOS

Reaction score
Hello guys my rcz 12 plate asphalt has chucked it power wise am I not correct in stating that the correct battery for this is a 067 according to Google search but euro says it's a 027 going for a Bosch s5 retails at £180 can pay £105 or buy from Amazon at £85
Although Amazon states it doesn't fit :,s and recommended an Exide
27.8 X17.5 X19LWH

K50 AOS

Reaction score
Going for Exon 096 today will fit by myself watched a quick vid on YT boy was Spanish and knew his stuff pretty straight forward when the plastics are removed