What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Battery charge unit

liverpoollad

Reaction score
I've had my car for nearly 2 years now. Had the rocker cover and fuel pump replaced recently. After I'd had the car for about 4 months a fault came on, "BATTERY CHARGE OR ELECTRICAL SUPPLY FAULTY". I have had 2 diagnostics ran, one from Peugeot and the fault was found to be the Battery Control Management Unit or Battery Charge Unit. Does anyone know where this part is located? Or where I can buy a used part? My car is a 2011 petrol 156 THP with 61k on the clock.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum, I know you’ve had the fault code diagnostics but have you tried to put a new battery on? A poor battery throws up all kinds of faults and quite a few members on here have thrown loads of money at their cars just to find a new battery solves the problem.

liverpoollad

Reaction score
It`s called a Delphi bpga 2009. BPGA = Boitier de Protection et de Gestion de L'Alimentation. Power Supply Protection and Management Box. Peugeot want £446. I can try to source a used part or get a cheaper on somewhere else. I tried to upload pictures but this site wont let me. The unit sits on top of the battery.

JokUK

Reaction score
Hi, how are you getting on, just had same message with fault codes 1067 and 1048, car cut out while I was driving then wouldn't start !!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
A few owners have had this issue recently, I have noticed that all these units seem to have been manufactured in 2009, and I just wonder if after 10 years they’re starting to fail??

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is what your looking for 2223E456-0BD6-42E9-BA8B-1B5304AB55C8.jpeg