What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Bad musty small in car when starting

johnw230873

Reaction score
When I start my car up I seem to have a musty small in the car for the first minute coming from the air vents, start the car with the fan off and it isn't very bad. Thinking about it I haven't seen any water come out of the AC pipe for a while and I'm thinking it could be the AC drain pipe which could be blocked??

I've had it over a pit and I couldn't see the drain pipe so suspecting it could be behind the metal guide above the exhaust which I can't get too without taking the exhaust off. I also haven't had much luck getting to it from the inside of the car.

It was suggested to me that maybe there are some other drains blocked so I've looked under the washers and confirmed that the drains on both sides are free so thinking it must be the AC.

Has anyone had this before and suggesting on how to check if it is the ac drain pipe?

I have replaced the AC filter