What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Austrian Grand Prix

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It appears that Bottas was VERY impressed by Verstappen after this afternoons race :shock: :eusa-think: :eusa-whistle: :lol:

Attachments

• 22144AEB-DF55-48CA-8C3E-BFDAA57A6212.jpeg
    22144AEB-DF55-48CA-8C3E-BFDAA57A6212.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,123

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
You all (if there's anybody left contributing!) know by now that I am ancient.
First started watching F1 when the good old Beeb (yes, those were the days!) covered it in about nineteen fifty five.
I think Raymond Baxter was commentating.
Saved my pocket money and went off on my own to watch, in my early teens.
Graham Hill was my idol. :thumbup:
It all started to get a bit fractious when Hunt got upset, but I stuck it out until a certain unsportsmanlike but undeniably highly talented German started playing dirty.
'fraid, I lost interest as I spat feathers. :twisted:
Today's prima donnas are, from the little I read, beyond the pale, so like so much so called professional sport, it stinks.
Sorry, but I am just too old to give a bu99er any more!! :oops: :roll:

chrismac

Reaction score
I think I may be about the same age, Loved F1 when they actually raced - with the likes of Ayrton Senna, James Hunt, Niki Lauda. Great racing and great personalities.

I'll get my coat !

DKZ5745

Reaction score
In case you missed it .......

Although it’s difficult to know how you could :eek:

Attachments

• 12E727B0-8A8F-45F8-A6D5-FF5C7C2BCADC.jpeg
    12E727B0-8A8F-45F8-A6D5-FF5C7C2BCADC.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,082

frankvdb

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
First started watching F1 when the good old Beeb (yes, those were the days!) covered it in about nineteen fifty five.
It all started to get a bit fractious when Hunt got upset, but I stuck it out until a certain unsportsmanlike but undeniably highly talented German started playing dirty.
Today's prima donnas are, from the little I read, beyond the pale, so like so much so called professional sport, it stinks.

So you did not see the race?
Well then that is your loss. I've watched F1 since the 70s and am have always been a big fan and can't remember a race more exciting than this.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
stewartwillsher said:

Well then that is your loss. I've watched F1 since the 70s and am have always been a big fan and can't remember a race more excitinge than this.

+1

I’m an avid fan. I never miss a race, although I’ve only ever managed to get to one race in person, Monaco last year.

I think every generation probably thinks they had the “best” of whatever they are interested in. The likes of Clark, Stewart, hill, Moss, fangio, were undoubtedly hero’s and unbelievably talented. The dangers they faced were so much greater than today’s drivers, even though it’s still a very dangerous sport.
But, I thoroughly enjoy watching every race, and last week was an excellent watch.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Shame that’s just CGI. Actual footage would haVe been better.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
stewartwillsher said:

Well then that is your loss. I've watched F1 since the 70s and am have always been a big fan and can't remember a race more exciting than this.
I did not see the race, but do read reviews of each race.
For me, they bear out my opinion of loss of sportsmanship, which was prevalent many decades ago.
The sport is much safer, which is to be highly applauded.
Interesting use of words "your loss".
It is also my choice.
"Your loss" is not by choice, as I can only assume that you were born too late to watch at first hand the Golden Age of Motor Sport; but then all will define that era differently; my take is the 50s, 60s and 70s.
:beer: