What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

are they limiting the cars!!!!

A

Anonymous

hi im new on here, can anyone tell me if they are limiting the amount of RCZ's they build, as just spoken to a peugeot dealership and they reckon only 5000 are being build?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum finchy :greetings-wavingblue:

From what I've been told by my dealer the RCZ are not going to be massed produced. They are around 2000 due to come to this country in the first year and subsequent years this will rise to 4000.

Therefore dealers are limited to 9 orders per quarter.

Hope this answers your question.

A

Anonymous

hi RCZ1 and thanks for the welcome. Yes that does indeed, i did think that was the case but just wanted to make sure, i am looking at placing an order with in the next month, so time to start trying to get some form of discount but from speaking 2 them they seem very reluctant!!

A

Anonymous

Be keen to hear how you get on.

I'm a serious haggler, but didn't manage a discount and this seems to be a common view on the forum

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think a discount will not be something that anyone will get for some time to come. Due to them being made in limited numbers, it will help keep their price and therefore make discounts non existent.

A

Anonymous

Dealers get a very limited allocation which is less than the demand and the car doesnt count or pay towards dealers monthly volume targets so there is no more income for the dealer other than selling the car itself.

Marcus

A

Anonymous

In the Netherlands there is a limit of 170 cars for 2010,.....to get a discount is impossible,.....

A

Anonymous

The best I think you could hope for is a boot mat or similar, something they can give you as a sweetener for giving them your business and not another dealer. Remember they usually get servicing after a purchase and although sales and service normally seem to run as if they don't know each other, the dealer as a whole should be courting you.

A

Anonymous

I managed to get a small discount, can't remember how much, I dont know if it was aything to do with the fact I got my previous car a 407 from them. I leave the haggeling to Mrs Davew as she is brilliant at it. My dealer told me their allocation was 7 cars.

A

Anonymous

Maf said:

I'm a serious haggler, but didn't manage a discount and this seems to be a common view on the forum
hi i managed to get the price of the paint when i ordered the car the only colour you didnt have to pay for was white i said it didnt seem right that you should have to pay extra for a different colour why wasnt this included in the total price so i managed to get an extra £400 pounds trade in allowance

A

Anonymous

J_SLADE1 said:
Maf said:

hi i managed to get the price of the paint when i ordered the car the only colour you didnt have to pay for was white i said it didnt seem right that you should have to pay extra for a different colour why wasnt this included in the total price so i managed to get an extra £400 pounds trade in allowance

Good work!! :thumbup: