What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Anyone with a NG4 unit, can they check something?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Although not a RCZ owner, I have a Citroen C5 V6 with the Navidrive 3D/ Wip Com 3D (NG4) system, which is the same as fitted to some RCZ.

Can anyone with one in their RCZ, please tell me if the Risk Zones option in the Nav options menu was/is activated by default when you got the car?

Is their any mention in the Nav menu about speed cameras etc??

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help.

David

A

Anonymous

Peugeot and Citroen do not supply the NG4 system with the speed camera file loaded. It is possible to download the file onto a memory stick and install it.
There is a couple of theads on here explaining how but im posting from my phone so cant link to them.Have a hunt and you will find them.

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Try here.
http://www.scdb.info/

Use Google to translate the site, it cost around 9 euros for the file i think. Other members have used this site and recommend it.
There are other sites too.

A

Anonymous

As others have said, not there by default but easy enough to install. I got mine originally from the Peugeot France site but now from SCDB which does a monthly update. Apart some minor errors in the speed limits shown it is accurate. I have been running it beside the Road Angel App on my iPhone for a couple of months and have found no errors so far in camera placements.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies, I have tried the file previously, I downloaded it, and there is one folder (pkgdb) and one file (config.nfm) you put onto the root of a memory stick.

I then plugged it into the car and followed Navigation/Settings/Import points of interest/select USB

It then seems to start, but ever gets any further.

I have also tried it with the SD card option but I get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Cheers

David

A

Anonymous

I think it might be that the "Risk Zone" options is not activated by default by Citroen, and I need to get the dealer to use the Lexia/Proxia to activate it.

I get a prompt to "insert DISC 1/0" when I plug in the speed camera USB drive.

Time for a drive into the dealer Monday morning I think!

A

Anonymous

The system is activated when you load a risk area data file into it, nothing for the dealer to switch on. The list of files you gave doesnt seem big enough,there should be a few folders inside the pkgdb folder, also the upload into the ng4 wont work if there is anything else on the memory stick.

A

Anonymous

a few people had a similar problem and managed to resolve it by resetting the unit - but beware, it will delete your music & navigable addresses if you have inserted any.

hth

dave

A

Anonymous

Yep, its a reset of the unit from the settings menu. You will lose transferred music and contacts.

I had exactly the same problem, it loaded the first time and refused to update after that. So I reset the unit and it works fine now. Once you have done the update you need to go into the map settings and switch on the alerts.

A

Anonymous

OK, So I tried the reset (and choked as 40 imported albums disappeared)....and no better :(

I have spoken to my dealer and they are going to hook up the Lexia/Proxia tomorrow and have a poke about, he thinks it's likely disabled, as the units are now set up via an internet download, rather than manually.

I'll report back.

Thanks for all the help so far.

A

Anonymous

Well and update, been into my dealer, and we hooked the car onto the Service Box (new name for the Proxia apparently).

Could we find anything about Risk Zone or POI.....nope, we had the service book, technical bulletins, etc all out, looked through EVERY available option...nothing.

I'm rather confused by this.

I again tried a factory reset, and still no joy.

Out of interest, had anyone been able to access the service menu on the NG4, the tech was in the service menu and it shows a huge number of options etc, but he was not for giving me the code to access it, does anyone here happen to know it?? If so I can have a poke about and see what I can find.

Cheers again.

A grumpy C5 owner!

A

Anonymous

try formatting your USB or SD card in different formats? and make sure the files are on the Card/USB as has been detailed in other posts.

the only extra menu i know is holding setup button for a few seconds which brings up a menu which lets you get software versions.

i had a hunt around on some of the normal forums and i see you've already posted there :)

hth

A

Anonymous

I will try that just in case (format), but I think it's a failed cause, I have done some digging on the Citroen Service Box site and it seems the 2010-2011 mapping comes in 2 versions, with and without Radar......I wonder if thats the issue?

A

Anonymous

Not sure. I've seen there's an update out there for the 2010-2011 maps; i currently have the 2009-2010 maps on mine. Not taken the plunge yet with the update

A

Anonymous

Well blow me, if I haven't gone and got it to work!!!!

A subscription to the official Citroen Service Box (VERY USEFUL RESOURCE) and a payment of €5 for 60 min access, I managed to download 200 pages of technical docs on the NG4, everything from configuration processes, to pin out diagrams and troubleshooting trees / all error codes, literally everything you could need, a few hours of reading....and i now have speed cameras all running!

Needless to say, it was simple once I had the config code, but it was hidden in the depths of a config menu about elective regional settings....not under points of interest or GPS.

Ah well, I'm now a happy Citroen owner.

Thanks very much everyone for the input, if anyone needs the NG4 docs let me know.

Cheers

David

A

Anonymous

Floatlite,

Glad you got it working; if you don't mind, I'd love a copy of the docs. Am happy to share cost with you if there is an easy way to do it?

Cheers

Dave

A

Anonymous

OK Guys, if you can give me a few days, I'll get them all uploaded onto my web space and I'll post a link for you.

Cheers

David

A

Anonymous

floatlite said:
OK Guys, if you can give me a few days, I'll get them all uploaded onto my web space and I'll post a link for you.

Cheers

David

A very unselfish person indeed. :thumbup:

You came on here with a problem but have ended up helping out others.

We thank you. :beer:

A

Anonymous

I took a look at this old post cause I've the same problem, speed cameras are disabled on my WIPNAV 3D. Is still Floatlite an active member? Does anyone know the procedure to activate them?