What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

any quick tips?

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi,

I just picked up a RCZ and I am loving it.
It is 98000k GT turbo THP 156.
I plan to get it serviced, and the power steering fluid and transmision oil changed as the steering feels heavy and gear change is not too smooth right now.

Can you recommend any small things that you have done to your RCZ that has resulted in an improvement? e.g. K&N filter air filter?

Thanks
G

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with getting a full service done even if it's not due just for your own peace of mind, as for the gear charge I know that the gearbox oil is fine for the life of the car but a lot of RCZers have had the gearbox oil changed and all say what a difference it makes. Also use high octane fuel not the cheapest unleaded fuel gives the engine a better running etc....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
Heavy steering usually points to the pump or the rack try changing the oil & see what happens

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
depending on what you've been driving previously the heavy steering may be down to the fact that your now turning 19" low profiles🤔 best buy for your money is a remap it will transform your 156👍

wilsofar

Reaction score
My 2008 feels really feather light compared with the Z but I must admit that the 2008 steering is the lightest I've come across in recent times -so it all depends what you are used to.

Once on the go I have no problems with the steering on the Z,just a little heavy manoevering out of tight situations.