What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Another newbie

JC1

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Thought I would join the forum after viewing and reading lots!

I'm still on the hunt for the right car as a present for the Mrs. I've seen a few and I have to say they are lovely looking cars, I'm really taken by then, the Mrs has good taste. Anyway she doesn't know she is getting one as it's a birthday surprise.

I'm also on a VW T5 and A BMW E39 forum so looking forward to Chatting to you guys, my plan is to get the Mrs involved also.

Anyway I will update as the hunt goes on.

Cheers

John

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

Hi John, it’s always nice to get new members.

Have a good look through these pages, as it will give you a good idea of the things to look out for when choosing your Z. It really is very easy to fall in love with the very first one you see as they are such a good looking car. It’s not always a wise choice to buy the first one you see.

I think most questions have probably already been asked, but if you can’t find what you are looking for, ask away, we are quite a friendly bunch, and there is nearly always someone who will have some sort of answer for you.

Keep us informed how you get on & we can’t wait to see some photos of the car that chooses you.

JC1

Reaction score
Cheerd DK..

I've looked at a few up here in Scotland but not the right one as yet.

Now looking further south starting next week with Newcastle and Durham so fingers crossed.

JC1

Reaction score
So I'm off to Durham to look at a 2011 with 43k on the clock FSH 2 owners, Full leather.

The guy doesn't know if the timming chain has been done as he has no evidence. I will hear it from cold but he assures me it sounds perfect and welcomes any inspection.

Charcoal Metallic paint, I haven't seen this before so hopefully it looks as good as the photo.

I also have one in Newcastle to view 2012 55k on the clock but not leather.

Both are around the same money..

Fingers crossed.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Do you know which variant they are?

The Sport is the less well equipped version, but still a great car. The GT has a higher spec.
The 156 is the least powerful but still a quick car. The 200 was the fastest car Peugeot had ever made until they brought out the R.
I don’t really know much about the 163 diesel, other than every owner on here is mightily impressed with theirs.

One thing they all have in common is that they are one of the best looking production cars out there, and couple that with superb drive ability and handling, and you have probably the most underrated car you are likely to come across.

Enjoy your search and keep us informed how you are getting on. (Don’t forget to have a look at the jacking points - use it as a bargaining tool if nothing else).

JC1

Reaction score
Both are 156 GT, If it were for me it would be the 200 but the Mrs will do just fine with the 156.

Jacking points on the list of checks along with the timming chain stuff.

I really want the leather seats and it has the lower mileage so going there first.

I will report back.

What's the cost for jacking point repair??

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, yes definitely go for a leather interior the car deserves it! I’ve heard that some dealers charge up to £400 per jacking point but I guess it depends how bad they are, some owners have knocked them back straight with a lump hammer and a piece of 2”X4”.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think it would all depend on the extent of the damage.

One of the few posts quoting costs that I can remember was when a member had both sills and I believe all four jacking points welded up and his quote was over £1000, so it’s quite important to check before purchase.

JC1

Reaction score
Success at last!

My Mrs is now the owner of an RCZ, although she doesn't actually know this yet.

2011 42k on the clock, FSH fantastic condition, drives perfectly and it has leather. I had a smile stuck on my face for 160 miles back up the road this afternoon.

Now this is where I need to take a step back as I'm now in MOD mode! wrap the roof bars, change the alloys to a darker colour... BUT I better leave it as is, after all it isn't mine!! :police:

I now feel a wee bit jealous if I'm being honest!

Love the wee car.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Great news :dance: sounds like one lucky lady!, yes the modding bug can hit hard and it’s hard to stop once you get started :thumbup:

JC1

Reaction score
Oh I know that so well, I'm slowly transforming my T5 so i will stick to that and let the Mrs enjoy her birthday present the way it was intended. Unless she gets the bug, then I can get stuck in...

JC1

Reaction score
Well I spent the day on the car yesterday and it looks really great.
The Mrs loves it! I have a job on already as I noticed the brake light above the number plate isn't working and I think I want to source a spare wheel. Weekend sorted for me. I need to work out how to add some photos.

I'm enjoying the forum also, lots of good info cheers.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Common issue that 3rd brake light, they’re quite costly to replace Peugeot UK want a tad over £200 for them but there are places in Europe you can order from for around £170 delivered. One member has repaired his but it’s a pig of a job as you have to cut open the fitting.

Keep us informed of how your both getting on with the car and Try to post some photos I use Tapatalk bit awkward at first but does the job :thumbup:

JC1

Reaction score
Cheers Neil, I've just read the thread on the brake light, food for thought. I will need to do something as it won't pass an MOT as it is.

I thought there me be a gallary on the forum where you can store photo to post but I can't find anything. I will your suggestion, thanks.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Another option is to use a photo editing program to reduce the size down to 256k. This is currently the limit for posting photos.

JC1

Reaction score
Cheap 407 space saver found, (rear fit only i believe) has anyone used a scissor Jack with the cut out 2 fit or do most just carry a small trolley Jack?

JC1

Reaction score
JC1 said:
Cheap 407 space saver found, (rear fit only i believe) has anyone used a scissor Jack with the cut out 2 fit or do most just carry a small trolley Jack?

Just had a read at the thread on this also...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don’t go anywhere near the jacking points. I only use cross members, I use a low profile trolley jack (Halfords).
A standard trolley jack would work, but you would probably need to drive into blocks or similar to give enough height under the car for I]one to fit.

JC1

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I don’t go anywhere near the jacking points. I only use cross members, I use a low profile trolley jack (Halfords).
A standard trolley jack would work, but you would probably need to drive into blocks or similar to give enough height under the car for I]one to fit.

DK do you carry that Jack in the boot?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don’t, no, there’s no point as I don’t have a spare.

I have always carried the kit that came with the car. I also have cover in case of a puncture with the AA through Peugeot.

I guess if you have a spare now, you will have to carry some sort of jack with you. If you intend to use a scissors jack, then I would definitely advise using an adaptor on the jacking points.