What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Another issue!

Pete321

Reaction score
After approx 9 months of issue free motoring, the dreaded engine fault repair needed appears. Driving normally sudden loss of power, no bangs, no smoke, temp fine - nothing obvious. Drove about 30mph home switched off and cooling fan stayed on for about 30mins. After much arguing with dealer (it is still under warranty) After checking they advised might be coil packs. Later they advised it was showing issues with catalytic converter. Obviously they have no idea so now with main peugeot dealership to Id fault(s).
Anyone experience anything similar? It's a 2011 1.6 thp 200

indoldn

Reaction score
Really need to plug in a diagnostic tool to get an idea. I had a similar issue with a number of codes P1337, P1338 or something along those lines which I can't really recall at the moment. I cleared the error and car was good for another 100 or so miles before the problem re-appeared. Based on the code thought it could be coil pack and if it was then if you moved the coil pack around it should move to other cylinder but in my case it didn't. I wanted to change the coil pack anyway so I did that and the plugs at the same time. Noticed one of the coil pack was not the correct spec. Car was OK again for around 200 miles before the issue appeared again but this time I had the P0087 which was pointing to HPFP. I got it refurbished and so far no issue.

Unfortunately, even with the code it could be hit and miss. Mine is a THP200 as well (Magnetic THP200). Reading various posts in some cases P1337, P1338 and if the issue didn't move when moving the coil pack around it's likely that the HPFP might on on its way out. Mine had done around 70k when it happened.

New HPFP is around £500-550 but you can get it refurbished for around £180 with postage.

Good luck with getting it sorted.