What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Android 6.0 B5634 B Headunit - Anyone know these?

A

Anonymous

So ive been looking for an aftermarket solution to the kinda crap RT6 headunit and i came across this: http://www.iceboxauto.com/peugeot-408-2 ... 60-b5634-b

Does anyone have an experience with these? Are they good quality? Are they fully compatible or will i lose functionalities?

Mostly, what is the sound output like, i will be connecting it to several thousand pounds worth of ICE and if it gives shit audio out (or doesnt have RCA's) it wont be good enough for my needs.

Anyone able to help advise here?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I had rt6 in my 508.
I thought it was alright.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

That's perfect i will send him a message. That said one of the comments on the video has made me think about something. The original screen being useless will also mean all the engines fault codes and system control menu's will also be gone.

That's not great :(

Perhaps i will go back to my original idea and install a second single dinn unit in addition to the stock unit and run them side by side.

As for the RT6, if you want an amp of any kind you are pretty much screwed. Speaker out > RCA conversion kits go fuzzy at high volumes so they all sound shit. Unless you spend several hundred on something else (i forget the name of them) you are stuck with shit quality sound.

I figure a second unit, the stock units speaker outs going into the new units aux (for sat nav and in the case you wanted to use the original units sound) while the speakers and amps would run from the new unit. Use a CanBus to retain the audio control stalk and control the cars system menus from the stock unit.

However i am sure there was something you could only do from the audio stalk and not the unit when it came to the system menu but for the life of me i cannot remember what it was.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Most amps have a high level input built in now so you don't need to have a secondary high to low converter before the amp.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Neonic said:
Perhaps i will go back to my original idea and install a second single dinn unit in addition to the stock unit and run them side by side.

I was going to suggest something along these lines. If your good with wiring, you can splice the wires (preferably on an adapter cable) to run everything except the sound outputs to the original headunit. You could then hide it somewhere like under a seat, or in the boot. That way, you should still have the functions of the original headunit as well as the new. I would also suggest replacing your RT6 with an RD45. Its a downgrade, but you could sell the RT6 to recoup some costs as you dont really need two navigation systems?

A

Anonymous

Im not sure how i would go about replacing it considering id be left with a great big hole in my dashboard where the screen was?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Neonic said:
Im not sure how i would go about replacing it considering id be left with a great big hole in my dashboard where the screen was?

I was thinking replace it with the Rd4 screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Neonic said:

Good idea but not sure if this could be Done
Different wiring...

Abzynthe

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
Abzynthe said:
Neonic said:

Good idea but not sure if this could be Done
Different wiring...

Yes, by no means and easy job. Any that I have seen have been done on an RD4 that was already in the vehicle. I did a quick google, but I was unable to find any reference to it though.

A

Anonymous

I gave up on this idea and installed a Pioneer AVH-X-7800BT single din with foldout screen unit