What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Aluminium Roof Panels

Pete321

Reaction score
Hi everyone, like most the silver roof bars on my RCZ were badly tarnished. Tried everything on them. Although a little sceptical, decided to try Autoglym Bumper and Trim gel which many of you recommended.
Absolutely fantastic item!!!!! Any other recommendations for wax or easy on polish?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes mate I use aqua wax by autoglym so easy to use and no hard elbow grease.. Just wash car as normal then rinse it off then use aqua wax when the car is wet one panel at a time use one micro fibre cloth to wipe up the water and aqua wax then a soft polishing cloth will shine like no tomorrow..... Hope this helps you
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I can vouch for this as the Verminators grey lady has a shine like no other 👍

KMG

Reaction score
Don't need to remove my chrome arches, but just curious to know how they are removed...from ebay photos they appear to be held on by clips?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
To remove the arches from the car
remove the caps that cover the nuts that hold the wiper arms 17mm remove the arms.
Now remove the plastic cover that is held on with two torque screws.. Disconnect the pipes that feed the washer jets..
Undo the torque screw that holds the arch on at the front that you can now see now that's why you have removed the plastic cover..
Now open the door and pull down the rubber seal to reveal EIGHT small torque screws remove these.... Now it's time to remove the arches...
You may need a hand with this part as to prevent any damage to the arches near the bonnet, (put a cloth in between ) start at the front and now pull firmly towards yourself and it will unclip, as you go towards the rear, at the very back pull up as there is a location plastic pin that has a small grommet fixed to the car's shell... Now if you have done this you should be holding one of your arches..
To refit arches, put back on in reverse order...
Don't forget to put your water pipes back on... Also line up wiper arms to the two dotted lines on the windscreen so you know that they will be set correctly

Hope this helps you out and other RCZers too

All drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
It's takes about ten to fifteen minutes to get them off I have done it so many times now I can do it in my sleep as been to local braker yard and now have a set of black ones and a set of chrome arches just in case lol 😂 plus many other parts... Complete rear bumper, boot and all fixing etc.
Three sets of wheels now don't know what to get next....

KMG

Reaction score
I appreciate your help. Hopefully I won't need your instructions for many years, but always good to know.

Yesterday I noticed a small 'nodule' on the underside of driver's side door mirror, like half a small black grape. I'm intrigued....a sensor of some kind...?

KG

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It's takes about ten to fifteen minutes to get them off I have done it so many times now I can do it in my sleep as been to local braker yard and now have a set of black ones and a set of chrome arches just in case lol 😂 plus many other parts... Complete rear bumper, boot and all fixing etc.
Three sets of wheels now don't know what to get next....
So when are you starting to build another RCZ 🤔😂