What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alternative Jack Points

Beefeater

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if people here can either direct me to a thread or give me some info.

I have recently bought a 2011 RCZ 156 GT and am very happy with it. No spare tyre et cetera, but I've seen that the JAG red space saver will resolve this and so will go down this route for this.

I've just looked at the jack points on the front and they are already 'folded to one side' so I guess at some point the jack points have been knackered. I have driven a bit in really bad weather and there seems to be no leaking. My questions are these:

• Are there other places that I can use as a jack point? (FRONT AND BACK)
  • Could I try to simply re-bend the folded jack points back?
  • Is it OK to simply use the same jack points even though they are folded over?
  • Is there a particular jack that people recommend for emergency use, or just go for one with slotted top part?
  • Would one of those black rubber spacers still be any use at this point in preventing further damage if I don't repair it?
Lots of questions, but I'm sure others might have had the same experience and perhaps can advise on possible options.

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there
let's see what I can answer for you. As for the spare wheel if you have 18"or19" wheels but if you get a wheel to match they do fit in the wheel well, the only thing is that they stand proud so you can pack around the wheel with two lares of underlay and the boot liner fits OK..
As for the jacking points damaged the rubber puts for Jack's will work well or you can buy a jack from a 308 as these are designed for same size jacking points as many on ebay or pick up from a scrap yard.. Or breakers as the jack I got says 308 on the jack..
If you try to rebend them back into place could do more damage if I was you give them a good sealant as to protect them from water ingress etc..
Hope that this will help you out..
Stay safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Jumper

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't go anywhere near the jacking points with anything! They are crap and made of Cheese you will just make them worse Puck or no Puck. Avoid the un stabled scissor Jack too. The best place to Jack the car up is to use the bottom of the suspension struts front and back and use a trolley Jack.

On the rear slide a trolley under from the back of the car under the strut.

On the front drive your cars front wheels onto block of wood 2 inches thick. Then slide the trolley Jack under the front struts from the wheel arch area.

If your are determined to fit a spare you'll need to carry a mini trolley Jack fits in the boot no problem in a small box. You'll need a 17mm tyre wrench too. Personally, my spare wheel and trolley Jack are kept in my garage 😊 I'll have to use my can of Tyre inflator/repair if I encounter a puncture. Motorways for example are pretty frightening places to be when trying to change a wheel. I've been there🙄

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
When using the foam can it does say on the can jack wheel before inflation for best results.. And once foam is use in the tyre you will require new tyre as garages do not want to mess around with it full of the foam. Etc.