What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Alloy Hard Booster Pipes for THP 156

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone

I have been trying to source alloy booster pipes for my RCZ 156 for a while now. Eventually found a UK supplier and they arrived yesterday. I will run a thread on how the fit goes. I am not expecting a performance boost so I bought them simply because I like the look of them under the bonnet. Thanks to Steve from RCZ Performance for giving me the correct serial number (there are other pipes available to fit the Citroen DS3, 208 GTi etc but they need some modification to fit).

I will update you as the project comes along.

The intention is to look like the second photo - I believe this is Steve's car from RCZ Performance.

Thanks
Bad Dog

P1010001.JPG
i.jpeg

Valex

Reaction score
We have some component in common 😁. The K&N Apollo and the blow off spacer ... and the carbon wrapped rocker cover :) .
Just an advice, the air intake/filter is in the hottest place of the motor compartment 🥵 plus, no sense for a more performant air filter if after the air must pass the restriction before the turbo.
Please check this thread, you will find something interesting ;).

Best oil catch can + New air intake | Peugeot RCZ Forum

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Hello Valex
The second photo is of Steve's car - I will post photos of my car later. On my car the cold air intake is located to the bottom right of the engine bay.
Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Hi All

If you want follow the removal of the stock turbo boost pipes, pictures below. Pipes all came off easily once the jubilee clamps were loosened. Little twist on the pipes and they came loose. Four bolts holding the pipes on to the engine block.

One tip for anyone thinking of doing it. Once the boost pipes are removed take the opportunity of checking the cabin filter and replace if necessary. It is located at the left hand side behind the longer boost pipe. Lift up the black engine bay lining and you will see a plastic cover with a handle on it - pull that out and remove the filter. Mine was in a terrible state - doubt it has ever been replaced since new (32k miles ago).

Before and after photos below.

If anyone thinking of doing it feel free to ask me if you are unsure. A very simple task requiring little engineering knowledge/understanding.

Thanks
Bad Dog

P1010002.JPGP1010005.JPG

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone

I have been trying to source alloy booster pipes for my RCZ 156 for a while now. Eventually found a UK supplier and they arrived yesterday. I will run a thread on how the fit goes. I am not expecting a performance boost so I bought them simply because I like the look of them under the bonnet. Thanks to Steve from RCZ Performance for giving me the correct serial number (there are other pipes available to fit the Citroen DS3, 208 GTi etc but they need some modification to fit).

I will update you as the project comes along.

The intention is to look like the second photo - I believe this is Steve's car from RCZ Performance.

Thanks
Bad Dog

View attachment 12030
View attachment 12031
This is something I were looking into can you post a link to the pipes? Cheers

Bad Dog

Reaction score