What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Airbag Side impact sensor

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,
I'm new and from Germany. Hope you doesn't mind :D

I bought a 05/2014 RCZ FAP 163 with a light side/front impact,
until now I was running good with fixing it by my self as I have access to the Peugeot service box.

But now I stuck... as I can't find the side impact sensor on the car...as per sparepart drawing ( part No. 4 on the picture ) , it should be within the door, but the door has been preplaced by me, there was no sensor inside.

8216 SL is the part No. of the side impact sensor.

the Main Airbag ECU has been resetted and also the driver seat airbag has been replaced.
Just don't want to attach the ECU if the sensor is still showing a crash record.

Thanks Oleg

Attachments

• Airbag.JPG
    Airbag.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,195

Adecarey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm new and from Germany. Hope you doesn't mind :D

I bought a 05/2014 RCZ FAP 163 with a light side/front impact,
until now I was running good with fixing it by my self as I have access to the Peugeot service box.

But now I stuck... as I can't find the side impact sensor on the car...as per sparepart drawing ( part No. 4 on the picture ) , it should be within the door, but the door has been preplaced by me, there was no sensor inside.

8216 SL is the part No. of the side impact sensor.

the Main Airbag ECU has been resetted and also the driver seat airbag has been replaced.
Just don't want to attach the ECU if the sensor is still showing a crash record.

Thanks Oleg
Did you find solution to your problem

djandree

Reaction score
OK Guys. Got some solution)

Rcz got 2 airbag computers. One regular one (steering wheel, passengers airbag etc) sensor is located somewhere on the floor near acceleration pedal, second underneath steering wheel (RHD) which is responsible for front pedestrian impact system. there is 2 sensors on it. Both of them at the front of the alu crashbar. Small black one mounted on the top responsible for acc/deceleration - Gforce. Long strip is a fibreoptic sensor responsible for checking for the damage of the front bumper during collision with pedestrian (or anything else lol). Mk1 got one connector only!!! . So it is important to check if you have a fault code from pedestrian impact system or from airbag system. You could have both))) Funny enough you have to delete a fault code from both ecu's. First pedestrian impact then from airbag ecu. Otherwise if you will delete only one of them you will still get a message from the dashboard - airbag or pretensioner fault which can lead you to bad conclusion. If you have a problem with pedestrian impact system there is a possibility to switch it off permanently. I hope that will helps

Adecarey

Reaction score
OK Guys. Got some solution)

Rcz got 2 airbag computers. One regular one (steering wheel, passengers airbag etc) sensor is located somewhere on the floor near acceleration pedal, second underneath steering wheel (RHD) which is responsible for front pedestrian impact system. there is 2 sensors on it. Both of them at the front of the alu crashbar. Small black one mounted on the top responsible for acc/deceleration - Gforce. Long strip is a fibreoptic sensor responsible for checking for the damage of the front bumper during collision with pedestrian (or anything else lol). Mk1 got one connector only!!! . So it is important to check if you have a fault code from pedestrian impact system or from airbag system. You could have both))) Funny enough you have to delete a fault code from both ecu's. First pedestrian impact then from airbag ecu. Otherwise if you will delete only one of them you will still get a message from the dashboard - airbag or pretensioner fault which can lead you to bad conclusion. If you have a problem with pedestrian impact system there is a possibility to switch it off permanently. I hope that will helps
Very helpful, do you know how to turn off pedestrian impact system permanently?

djandree

Reaction score
Yes I did in my rcz using diagbox clone btw been using fiber optic sensor from Bmw it fits)) but I thing sensor was broken.. so switched it off permanently

camanga

Reaction score
hi guys i have the power sensor error you mentioned. From which menu we do the permanent shutdown of the diagbox. thanks

djandree

Reaction score
first unplug module, then you have to go to bsi and change that you don't have pedestrian impact module, , reset fault and it's done

lukas161

Reaction score
Hi!
How to switch off pedestrain system?
First I unpluged Pedestrian module.
I changed in BSI: Pedestrian detaction system for Absent, then I changed in Airbag module configuration: Pedestrian Detection System Absent.
But in Airbag Module i have fault: 71AD - Fault present in the pedestrian impact detection ECU. (Pedstrain module is disconnected, airbag module configuration is changed)

begerowiec

Reaction score
Hi!
How to switch off pedestrain system?
First I unpluged Pedestrian module.
I changed in BSI: Pedestrian detaction system for Absent, then I changed in Airbag module configuration: Pedestrian Detection System Absent.
But in Airbag Module i have fault: 71AD - Fault present in the pedestrian impact detection ECU. (Pedstrain module is disconnected, airbag module configuration is changed)
I have the same situation. Do you resolve it?

Buckby

Reaction score
Hello all is the pedestrian system eco under the steering wheel on a 2013 gt diesel
TIA

Pedro

Reaction score
Its not illegal to drive without airbags but they are fitted for a safety reason so what happens if you hit a pedestrian which will mean a police & insurance investigation
What happens if someone you know has a serious accident as a passenger or was driving your car they will be able to sue you for injuries sustained & if the insurers discover what you have done to the airbag system will you still be insured to cover their medical bills ?
perhaps you need to inform the Insurers you have altered the car as it is now different from what what its description was when you purchased the car?

lfe

Reaction score
Here in Spain, if an airbag is disabled, it is a serious failure in the annual technical inspection that will not be passed. The same for the belt pretensioners.

Buckby

Reaction score
Its not illegal to drive without airbags but they are fitted for a safety reason so what happens if you hit a pedestrian which will mean a police & insurance investigation
What happens if someone you know has a serious accident as a passenger or was driving your car they will be able to sue you for injuries sustained & if the insurers discover what you have done to the airbag system will you still be insured to cover their medical bills ?
perhaps you need to inform the Insurers you have altered the car as it is now different from what what its description was when you purchased the car?
I was asking for the position of the ecu to check for a wiring fault not to disable it. I have read the fault code and so has Peugeot and it comes back as a wiring fault to the crash information computer.
I realise what the law is and the implications of disabling the crash system as I do work for the police.

Pedro

Reaction score
I was asking for the position of the ecu to check for a wiring fault not to disable it. I have read the fault code and so has Peugeot and it comes back as a wiring fault to the crash information computer.
I realise what the law is and the implications of disabling the crash system as I do work for the poli
Yea the ECU on that system can be problematic if its been interfered with or the front end has had a bump its not uncommon for them to be reprogrammed for fault issues & my youngest works in a forces fleet garage

Buckby

Reaction score
It had an accident many years ago the airbag ecu was re set but nothing on the pedestrian collision ecu I have bought a spare one so i will be exchanging next weekend