What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Air con

sean

Reaction score
Hi just found my air con wasn't working, took the car back to the dealers and had the compressor replaced, got it back yesterday and today I've noticed the coolant tank was empty, would they have had to empty to coolant to work on the a/c?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
No as the compressor works on gas I have changed two on a 207cc had to get the gas taken out first no water removed from the system at all I have noticed that the compressor looks identical to the one on rcz when I have been looking around the scrap yard I go for extra parts..
Hope this helps you out...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

chrismac

Reaction score
Possibly, sometimes its necessary to remove the main radiator to access the AC condenser, and that would require draining the cooling system.
Was the whole system empty - or just the header tank ?

sean

Reaction score
It was the header tank that was totally empty, I've topped it up with water to do me until I can get some coolant, there was some coolant left in the system as it has discoloured the water a little.

I was also surprised to see another rcz pass me on the way home, and very surprised the driver waved to me, remindse of when I used to ride bikes and we'd acknowledged each other when passing