What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Aftermarket replacement radio/navi system with Android?

mlukaszek

Reaction score
Hi,

I have bought an RCZ in summer - it's a 200HP model in excellent condition, so happy bunny :)

It came with the full navi option (the NG4), JBL sound system, and the retractable display.
I already updated the maps in it to a current version, so that works.

However, as much as I like the car overall - this area is where the RCZ is showing its age, and I am wondering if anyone has checked what options are the best for a replacement system that would give me Android Auto support, Google maps or something similar?

I have seen some reports of good results for cars with standard radio, but is there anything that could be used in the place of the built-in display for example, and one that would also work with the in-wheel controls, and would be compatible with the JBL system and GPS antennas that are already installed (somewhere)?

Thanks in advance,
Michal

NF7

Reaction score
Hi,

I have bought an RCZ in summer - it's a 200HP model in excellent condition, so happy bunny :)

It came with the full navi option (the NG4), JBL sound system, and the retractable display.
I already updated the maps in it to a current version, so that works.

However, as much as I like the car overall - this area is where the RCZ is showing its age, and I am wondering if anyone has checked what options are the best for a replacement system that would give me Android Auto support, Google maps or something similar?

I have seen some reports of good results for cars with standard radio, but is there anything that could be used in the place of the built-in display for example, and one that would also work with the in-wheel controls, and would be compatible with the JBL system and GPS antennas that are already installed (somewhere)?

Thanks in advance,
Michal
I've looked almost to every corner of the web, looking for the same thing as you - no luck. Nothing works with the retractable display and the double din options replacing the whole radio just do not work with the JBL Amplifier. I have yet to find the compatible version of an Android SatNav. The JBL Amplifier is probably the biggest issue here. Also, the GPS Antennas are in the NG4 itself I believe.

Kenno Wenno

Reaction score
Very similar experience. I have a Red Carbon with the sat nav pop up screen, and although I replace the head unit, I've seen nowt that can utilise the pop up nav screen, and I don't fancy rendering it to a dead screen. I do think those replacement head units look great, but don't fancy taking my eyes off the road.

lfe

Reaction score
I've looked almost to every corner of the web, looking for the same thing as you - no luck. Nothing works with the retractable display and the double din options replacing the whole radio just do not work with the JBL Amplifier. I have yet to find the compatible version of an Android SatNav. The JBL Amplifier is probably the biggest issue here. Also, the GPS Antennas are in the NG4 itself I believe.
NG4 has 3 antenna cables connected to the back: One of them is for GPS, the others, I believe, for Radio

I guess the wires go to antennas spread across the roof

Last edited:
Reactions: NF7

Greek-R

Reaction score
maybe there is more light on the french rcz group (FORUM: FAN CLUB RCZ FRANCE - Portail) , but its very difficult to access (you need to do various steps to get access to the sub forums), let alone being in french
Teyes has a nice screen that someone has installed on an rcz according to their website, but not too many details

here in greece there seems to be the same hardware (probably from china) with teyes with 2 different brand names bizzar and digital IQ. still dont know what would work and what doesnt.

im in the same situation as i just got a NG4 "R" but i need a newer head unit that would ideally:

* be compatible with the front/rear parking sensors
* allow music streaming via bluetooth
* work with the JBL speakers
* work with the steering wheel controls
* work with the integrated analog clock
* make sure it doesn't mess up the buttons above the unit (ESP, alarm, Hazard, Parking sensors etc)
* work in paralel with the pop-up screen (it would be a waste to render it useless as someone else mentioned) but that would be the cherry on the cake.

ive searched the entire forum (both modifications and satnav sections) and nothing seems conclusive. just different people living with different levels of missing features.

i wonder, doesnt the company that makes the NG4 made newer models for other cars that would be easier to work with?

NF7

Reaction score
For pop-up screen RCZs there is no hope. I've looked directly and talked with the company that makes the system. No newer versions were made (as PSA switched to Magneti Marelli RT6). No hope to use the screen with the aftermarket unit and also you need to reprogram the BSI to accept aftermarket unit due to voltage difference and perpetual error message.

pmb

Reaction score
Hello watching this tutorial for carplay with NG4. I'm menbership of fan club rcz france and some people have installed this. I think it's an excellent solution.
Link :

Reactions: NF7

Robi

Reaction score
How did you get on? Really interested to know as I'm in the same position. An update would be extremely helpful

lfe

Reaction score
I made the change the other way around, reinstalling NG4 after the previous owner had changed it for a Chinese Android screen. The FM radio worked very poorly.
The retractable screen was disabled, it did no lift. Google Maps take a long time finding the location. Poor sound quality

Fortunately he gave me the original NG4 that was reinstalled and working well since then. To highlight how fast it is in finding the location, it detects that you have changed streets instantly.

Robi

Reaction score
That's good news and glad you were able to get yours working. In my case I think I just need to update the maps from Peugeot to the 2023 version but they are charging 100€ per country or 130€ for middle Europe. A little expensive if after install gps does not work especially since I usually use Google Maps.
The message I get when I enter an address is that it can't find the address as it is outside the maps or something similar (I'm in Spain and the message is in Spanish so it's a rough translation). If there isn't a simple way to install carplay I will just install the Peugeot maps once I've double checked procedures and then use Bluetooth to stream music from mobile

Robi

Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot, really appreciated. Once downloaded on my computer do I burn to a dvd ? o can I transfer file to a pendrive and install via the media usb port in the armrest?

lfe

Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot, really appreciated. Once downloaded on my computer do I burn to a dvd ? o can I transfer file to a pendrive and install via the media usb port in the armrest?

Look at first post in the thread on the link I posted, it is excellently explained by NF7, maybe you will have to update the firmware first

Robi

Reaction score
Ok thanks, l was rushing ahead of myself - once I get home will take the weekend to read up on the matter and drink several cups of tea jejejeje.
Appreciated 👍

Reactions: lfe

Robi

Reaction score
several cups of tea later discovered that I have the RT6 version so will head over to that thread. Appreciate the push in the right direction