What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Accessories mode

richard.au

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if I'm missing something, but there appears to be no accessories mode on the ignition switch.

Every car I've ever known has accessory mode. I'm disappointed that I can't turn the engine off and keep the music on.

I had always thought certain car functions were written in stone. Accessories mode being one of them. I'm going to guess this is a Peugot thing, as I've never driven one ever before in my life. I suppose that since the audio system is a little second rate then I may not need accessories :)

A

Anonymous

Not entirely certain that I understand your question but you can turn the stereo on once the engine is off. I'm not actually certain if that answers your question or not.

richard.au

Reaction score
oh, ok, that might be a least a compromise.

so what i'm trying to say is ..

when i pull over at the end of a drive, i want to stop the car engine, but i may want to keep the music or even the phone running. i can't see how that is achieved.

every other ignition i've ever used has a mid stage between full-off and engine-start, call accessories. and i mean every car. this is completely unusual for me.

RCZ1

Reaction score
When you switch your engine off, you can switch your stereo back on by pressing the on button on the front of the stereo system. BUT it will only play for a short time. 20 minutes max, I think it is.

When I've been in a phone call and switched the engine off, the phone still stays connected through the car so you can continue a conversation.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

richard.au said:
Can someone please tell me if I'm missing something, but there appears to be no accessories mode on the ignition switch.

Every car I've ever known has accessory mode. I'm disappointed that I can't turn the engine off and keep the music on.

I had always thought certain car functions were written in stone. Accessories mode being one of them. I'm going to guess this is a Peugot thing, as I've never driven one ever before in my life. I suppose that since the audio system is a little second rate then I may not need accessories :)

Richard,
The car does not have an "accessories mode" as you might call it on the ignition.
I know what you mean, turn the key to the first stage and just have the ignition on to listen to the radio ect.
You can sort of do this on the RCZ but only for a short period of time, its called Eco Mode, which in my opinion is just a nuisance, it turns off ALL non essential accessories, and I think your phone is affected after a while, but not immediatly like the radio ect.
Eco Mode cannot be overridden :thumbdown:

Why its called Eco Mode baffles me, because you have to keep starting the engine to reset the poxy thing. :evil:
Wait until you start to download music onto your media system and you have to either keep the engine running or restart it every 15 mins and leave it running until Eco Mode is happy. :roll:

Ps. Best not to download music whilst sitting in the car if it is parked inside your garage, as Eco Mode is not very Eco Friendly to your lungs :lol:

A

Anonymous

first time for this hearing the rcz has a poor sound system :shock: its by far the best standard system i have heard in a car even competes with bose upgrade systems on audis :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
first time for this hearing the rcz has a poor sound system :shock: its by far the best standard system i have heard in a car even competes with bose upgrade systems on audis :eusa-think:

I would agree with you there Jassy.
I think it's fabulous :)

richard.au

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
jassyo06 said:

I would agree with you there Jassy.
I think it's fabulous :)

look i agree that it can sound good at low volume. but pushing it up to around 20 things start to break down.

there is only treble and bass control. not even 3 band control, a mid bands can be to strong on most systems.

i'll be trying a drive later, now that i've sat in the car and tweaked it a litlle. turn off 'loudness' and auto-volume... back off some of that overwhelming bass and turn up some more treble. i'll see how it sounds later.

i realise now you must set those audio adjustments for each source as well.

but really, i can hear it peaking out. i'm sorry, but i'm not used to having a car stereo that peaks out. i want loud when i want it, without the system breaking down. i don't need brain squeezing volume and dont expect it, but i do expect the complete system to perform across it's entire range, as installed, without breaking down.

i'm a musician and i commision and program audio/visual systems. some may say i'm an audiophile, but i'm not that trying to be over picky here, i just want the kind of sound i'm used to (bmw 6 speaker factory system was fine in last car).

bottom line, i'll try some tweaking. but if i already have to tweak, i'm not optimistic. hopefully it was the auto volume option causing problems.

anyway, thanks for all the advice on turning on the stereo and not starting the car in the garage to upload :)

i'm considering getting a nano for the usb port. just leave the device in the console arm rest then. and uploading is done at the pc, not in the car.

A

Anonymous

20 :eek: A hearing aid maybe ur route mine never been past 8! :eusa-think: :D

richard.au

Reaction score
never past 8 :) if it's too loud, you're too old :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2iDRjHEFyY[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

any cars standard ice will dissapoint you then coming from this academic background the max volume for me is 18 but only for short periods of time as you would know the cars parameters and build quality and the quality ofice install restrict all sound in a car just like a room and its contents restricts any high end hifi or high end home cinema sound in a living room a sound system is as only good as your hearing ;)

richard.au

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
any cars standard ice will dissapoint you then coming from this academic background the max volume for me is 18 but only for short periods of time as you would know the cars parameters and build quality and the quality ofice install restrict all sound in a car just like a room and its contents restricts any high end hifi or high end home cinema sound in a living room a sound system is as only good as your hearing ;)

thanks for the reply.

my hearing is very good. i had to pass a medical to get my last job, and that included hearing tests across the full human spectrum. i'm aligned with the audio industry and have been objectively checked for hearing skills.

but i'm holding off on final judgement till i try these tweaks tomorrow. i'll let you know my thoughts.

A

Anonymous

Music is one of my passions and I do believe that the RCZ is one of the best standard stereo units I've ever encountered. I had a borrow of a demonstrator that had the JBL system twice and was actually less impressed with it. Obviously you are restricted by a car's acoustics but have encountered little distortion across the range. I listen to music LOUD. I always have and always will. I think the JBL system has to be pushed higher than the standard system and so 20 represents a different listening level to the standard unit. I find that it is a very capable unit and rarely struggles except with some of my hip hop. Recently threw on the Killer Mike album and it really couldn't cope with the bass no matter how I fiddled with the settings. All that aside, it would take a LOT of money to find a better system.

A

Anonymous

I agree an amazing set up in the RCZ my volumes always around the 20 mark and the clarity & base is just awesome so much so the windows shake. Bonfire by Knife Party sounds great.

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
I agree an amazing set up in the RCZ my volumes always around the 20 mark and the clarity & base is just awesome so much so the windows shake. Bonfire by Knife Party sounds great.

Bet you turn a few heads rocking past in an RCZ nodding to a spot of dubstep... :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I tried volume 20 this afternoon. I don't know how you can bear it that loud. 12 is my max. I must have very sensitive ears ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I tried volume 20 this afternoon. I don't know how you can bear it that loud. 12 is my max. I must have very sensitive ears ;)

Yeah they've been cleaned oot with toooo much snowfoam :lol: :lol:

richard.au

Reaction score
I'm just picturing all these very loud test drives around the world now :)

Great to hear someone else likes 20 as well :) thanks rczmk.

A

Anonymous

Went stage 2, with windows fully open was loud, needed 22 just to hear it.