What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

AC Cobra vs RCZ

Woodso

Reaction score
On my way home from work tonight, I was on one of our local lanes, which is a safe 70 mph limit. I was only doing 65 mph when this AC Cobra came flying up behind me and went passed like a bat out of hell.

I sped up slightly but I only caught him up at some traffic lights at a single track hump backed bridge. The fun started when they went to green and Mr Cobra sped off and came to the 1st right hand bend, he slowed I didn't. He then tried to shake me by putting his foot down but by now I was on his tail. His car could just not handle the tight twisty bends, whilst my RCZ flew through them, so he just couldn't pull away. This went on for a couple of miles until I had to turn off for home, he gave me a goodbye wave, cos I think he must have enjoyed himself as much as I did.

All the power in the world counts for nowt, if the other car just handles a damn sight better. Might have been a different if had been all straight.

Pedro

Reaction score
Sticks to the road Like crap to a blanket it amazes me how much torsion the suspension on the Zs will undertake when you throw them into a bend I turned off a Dual carriageway into almost a dog leg junction at 50 Klm & the car never wavered truly amazing when all the cars behind me were crawling round in second gear doing about 15Klm:D

GuzziGrowler

Reaction score
Touche to the above. Call me sad - the accusation would be fair. But in round-a-bout south-east Britain it's one of the few places a vehicle can be pushed 'safely'. Jeez, this thing just loves cornering. What is a cheap and choppy normal driving sensation just becomes immense feedback feeling when pushed towards her outer reaches. She's a sports car alright is the wee RCZ. Dominate her, and she'll thrill in her response. Love it.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Great read!
Oh, the joy of a spirited drive in the RCZ, how much do I miss you ...
Only the ignorant will dismiss the RCZ as a capable sports car. It has a lot of potential, even in the stock disguise. I could scare few porsche owners taking a passenger ride in mine RCZ. And one of them was baffled when I outrun his 911 on summer tyres on a track day by 9 seconds while my R was running on winter tyres.

I honestly regret not having done more track days with my R.
But maybe it was down to the fact that I preferred the daily B road blast over few occasions during the year to give her some beans.
Oh, how much I miss you, my R lady...