What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ABS/ESP fault lights

Billy Bob

Reaction score
Any ideas on this problem,
The code reader lists a fault with o/s abs sensor, upon inspection I found multiple problems
Broken coil spring
Bad discs front and rear
Rear pads sticking
Anti roll bar link
Strut mounts.
All of the above has been attended to but the ABS ESP lights are still on. I can clear the codes and drive the car but after a mile or so a beep beep and the lights reappear. My thoughts are now the abs module. The MOT is due on the 18th of April so I need to sort it out ASAP, can anyone shed any light on the problem. Thank you

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe sensor trouble or dirt on the pick up ring etc Goatz had issues with his ABS if you can find his posts might point you in the right direction

Billy Bob

Reaction score
Ok thank you I'll look it up. Thanks Pedro
Update on the ABS issue.
I metered the electrical circuit to check for continuity, all ok so I dismantled the hub assembly to check the air gap. Bingo it gapped at 45 thousands of an inch, the tolerance is 10- 20 thou. When I originally stripped it down to do the o/s driveshaft I missed the rust build up under the sensor. Once cleaned up I managed to reduce the air gap down to 15 thou, codes cleared and road test....woohoo sorted.