What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

63 plate GT200 with Sat Nav

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I am picking up my first RCZ on Tuesday 9.9.14.
It is a 63 plate GT200 in Moroccan Red, black pack, vision pack, Sat Nav etc.

How do I go about updating the Sat Nav maps? Until now I have used a TomTom with lifetime maps, but I guess I am not going to be able to connect my RCZ to my laptop!

Any info on this, or any other tips about my new car would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Still haven't figured out how to find out what software is in there :wtf:

tianorth

Reaction score
Can you see what version your is at:-

To get this info long press the setup button, then choose the unit description.

(tis listed in that post I mentioned, along with a picture of the RT6 unit)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Thanks again Tia, not with the car at the moment, but when I get chance will try again, but I thought I had tried that & the options it came up with didn't include the one you mentioned. If I get nowhere again, I will write down what I see when I long press setup button & you might know where I am going wrong. Probably just not had enough time with the car yet, spent more time frightening myself silly reading all the faults listed on the various threads. Makes the RCZ sound like the most unreliable car in the world, hope I'm wrong, I was planning to keep mine for a good few years, which is why I wanted to make sure I had everything up to date now.
I will post again when I have had another go.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Right, I'm clearly missing something here. When I long press setup, the only two options that come up under a greyed out "help" are " Radio-telephone diagnosis" and below that "Navigation demonstration" bugger, while typing this I found it, it's after you press the radio telephone thingy

It's RNEG2.75.C.5 Is that bad? I think that's bad isn't it? Oh I do hope that's not bad. I hate it when things are bad.
Didn't everyone say it needed to be 2.8 ? So how do I go about sorting that then? If it's expensive I will probably have to give it a swerve cos my wife is already on the point of divorce cos of what I just spent buying the Z (she couldn't see anything wrong with the 7 year old Megane CC)

If it's just a disc thing, can I get it from anyone on here? So many questions...... But man, how gooooood does my car look :D :text-blondmoment: :auto-car:

Just glad there are people out there that actually know what they are talking about :clap:

tianorth

Reaction score
The version you have allows you to use your sat nav but only with a 5 digit postcode.
Upgrading to version 2.80 would allow use of 7 digit postcode if you also update the sat nav software.

See posts
http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8219&start=20#p102898
http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8219&start=20#p103127
http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8219&start=20#p103166
http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8219&start=20#p104015

I can get you the 2.80 disc if you want to update the firmware, but until you update the sat-nav software you will only get 5 digit postcode.

Chris

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, I still apparently have my stupid head on this morning. Are there 2 or 3 stages to the update process?
From looking at the links you posted, it looks to me like stage 1 update firmware to 2.8 which you have kindly said you can get me the disc for (yes please). Stage 2 update the software ? Stage 3 update maps.

So if you get get me the firmware disc I would appreciate it, thanks.

Then what is the cost to upgrade the software ?

It then appears the maps are over £100 so that's pretty much out of the question at the moment, like I said - the wife is still close to popping over the car purchase (did I mention I had also mistakenly tried to persuade her a quad would finish the back end off perfectly, it didn't go down well)

Let me know the cost of the firmware disc if you need anything from me.

I may wake up later today and realise how stupid all of the above looks, but for now it's all I have :wtf:

Thanks again Tia

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Brain slowly coming to life -

My aim would be to be able to input UK postcodes. New maps would be a bonus, but for now so long as I can input full postcodes I would be happy.

So brain fade again, what do I need to do this?

tianorth

Reaction score
There 2 stages
1) update firmware to 2.80. (This on its own may give the sat-nav software 7 digit postcodes)
If not
2) update sat-nav software (when both are combined this will give you 7 digit postcodes).

Sat-nav software was £129.

also pm sent.
Chris

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Wow, just found this thread. This was my first ever post. That could be a thing. Try to find your first ever post & add something to the bottom of the thread so it flags up for us all to read 👍