What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

5 years & just discovered a feature

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, this is no doubt something that everyone else already knew, but I have literally just accidentally found out;

If you have a route programmed in the Sat Nav, if you press the button on the end of the lights stalk (the one you use to turn auto lights on & off) the Sat Nav reads out the last instruction.

This discovery is almost on a par as the day I found the ashtray :eusa-think:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: 5 years & just discovered a feature

Rt6?
My 508 had that I'm sure.
Unless I'm spouting crap, as usual.

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
The secret ashtray! Yep, lol.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score

When I bought my first 407, an xline.
Which every mong under the sun knows has a cd changer in the boot.

I opened the side panel In the boot to check it was there, the salesman saw it and by his reaction you'd have thought we'd discovered the cure for stupidity.

renegade79

Reaction score
The last three pugs I’ve owned including the RCZ have all had that button but it never worked on the RCZ cause it didn’t have sat nav!

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
My 407 had so many bells and whistles that half of them I stumbled upon by accident. :eek:
It was a good thing the voice recognition feature did not have a learning mode, because whenever I woke it up by mistake and it squawked at me, I would exclaim "oh bugger!" :wtf:
It would then politely inform me that it did not understand my request. :clap:
We would fall about laughing, like kids, every time. :lol: :lol:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score

I had a top spec GT saloon as well with all the bits, plus red leather interior.
Only downside was the cement mixer engine :D

RCZ-R

Reaction score
On my ND4 spec (wipcom 3D) that button always turns on the voice recognition.

Nemi

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
So, this is no doubt something that everyone else already knew, but I have literally just accidentally found out;

If you have a route programmed in the Sat Nav, if you press the button on the end of the lights stalk (the one you use to turn auto lights on & off) the Sat Nav reads out the last instruction.

I always wondered what does that button do :crazy:

Also, some buttons on RT6 have secondary function when you long press them. For example if you long press "mode" button, pop up screen turns off. Long pressing "music/radio" button brings up sound adjustment menu. I guess these are not so secret features but still maybe some didn't know about them :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Nemi said:
DKZ5745 said:

Also, some buttons on RT6 have secondary function when you long press them. For example if you long press "mode" button, pop up screen turns off. Long pressing "music/radio" button brings up sound adjustment menu. I guess these are not so secret features but still maybe some didn't know about them :eusa-think:

Well I've had Z's for three years and have only just found out about the mode one, at first I thought I'd killed it !!

As you say there seems to be a few you can do push and hold for quick access to some features.....

Can anyone tell me which button do you press for AutoPilot ???

On that......

I see a guy has just been banned for ten months for using AutoPilot in his Tesla - he was sat with his hands behind his head in the passenger seat ?!?! :wtf:

Cheers M. :beer:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Nemi said:
DKZ5745 said:

Well I've had Z's for three years and have only just found out about the mode one, at first I thought I'd killed it !!

As you say there seems to be a few you can do push and hold for quick access to some features.....

Can anyone tell me which button do you press for AutoPilot ???

On that......

I see a guy has just been banned for ten months for using AutoPilot in his Tesla - he was sat with his hands behind his head in the passenger seat ?!?! :wtf:

Cheers M. :beer:

I get in the back when on Cruise Control in the 5008 on the A66 heading South. :thumbup:
[just kidding :lol: ]

2retro

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Clarkson's thoughts on driverless cars made me chuckle:

”You drive one of your driverless cars over the Death Road in Bolivia and I’ll buy one. Sit there with your hands folded and let it drive you up there, then squeeze past a lorry with half the tyre hanging over a 1,000ft drop while the car drives itself. Fine, I’ll buy into it.”

:lol:

tianorth

Reaction score

My friend had an argument with the sat nav from the passenger seat!!!!!!

When ever he would say something the sat nav would interrupt him and say about the next point on the journey.

In the end he was shouting at it to shut up!!!!

I don't think he figured out it was me, pressing this button!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk