What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

3008 Hybrid4 2012 model no SD card in the slot how to update Map

Raj.Pathak

Reaction score
Hello

I have this 3008 March 2012 model which I purchased second hand. I notice that it does not have any SD card in the slot but the navigation system is working ok. I have ng4_D_N32b_N32.05 firmware. Is there anyway I can update this and also I would like to update the Map if possible. Please can you help me and guide? Thanks

Raj.Pathak

Reaction score
Thank you @lfe for your advice. So it means I can use the SD slot to have a card with music files. Will it play MP3 files?
About updating the firmware, I tried doing it as it was given in the link. However it did not happen. My system did not recognize the usb stick. Is there any changes I have to made to setting before putting my USB in? I will try to update map once the firmware is update or I can try to update my map anyway? Thanks

lfe

Reaction score
Thank you @lfe for your advice. So it means I can use the SD slot to have a card with music files. Will it play MP3 files?
About updating the firmware, I tried doing it as it was given in the link. However it did not happen. My system did not recognize the usb stick. Is there any changes I have to made to setting before putting my USB in? I will try to update map once the firmware is update or I can try to update my map anyway? Thanks
You should not update the firmware, your car is not an RCZ, if you are looking for a firmware for 3008 this is not the right place.

NG 4 can play mp3 files on both SD and USB

If your NG4 does not recognize the USB memory, it may not be properly formatted. It must be formatted in Windows with FAT32 and with complete formatting, not fast format. If it is still not recognized, your NG4 is probably damaged.

Raj.Pathak

Reaction score
Thank you guys I was able to update the firmware and it now says it is N42. So that's that. I only managed to update the map and POIs with no trouble at all. In my first attempt the mistake I did was to extract filles directly to the usb. Anyway, thank you for all your help.