What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

3 for 2 on Auto Finesse @Polished Bliss

A

Anonymous

Just a quick heads up to let you know that Polished Bliss are currently running a 3 for 2 on all Auto Finesse products that they stock (until 28/03/13). This could mean some very good savings. I am a big fan of the "Citrus Power" dirt and grime remover but I am also going to try their "Obliterate" which is their tyre and glue remover.

Anyway, just wanted to share in case it was of any interest to anyone else.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think the Citrus Power is very expensive. There are cheaper options for this type of product. A good one I've been using is Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam. It can be used as a snow foam or a pre wash, in the same way that Citrus Power is. As a pre wash through a chemical sprayer it's brilliant. The best cleaner I've ever used. You can dilute it up to 1:20 and still gives phenomenal cleaning. It can also be used as a wheel cleaner too so 3 products for the price of one.

A

Anonymous

Is that stuff good then RCZ1? It's alway nice to hear a recommendation from a trusted source. I read the reviews on clean your car and it put me right off. I think that many Auto Finesse products are a bit dearer but they are good and the 3 for 2 deal just now kinda levels the playing field in terms of price.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I think the Citrus Power is very expensive. There are cheaper options for this type of product. A good one I've been using is Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam. It can be used as a snow foam or a pre wash, in the same way that Citrus Power is. As a pre wash through a chemical sprayer it's brilliant. The best cleaner I've ever used. You can dilute it up to 1:20 and still gives phenomenal cleaning. It can also be used as a wheel cleaner too so 3 products for the price of one.
Excuse my ignorance. How is the snow foam applied?

A

Anonymous

Seamusoh2 said:

This is an image of a "Snow Foam Lance" it attaches to the end of a power washer eg Karcher. You add a diluted mixture of snow foam into the bottle, attach to pressure washer and spray contents over your car. Leave for a period of time (say 15 minutes) and then blast off with water via the pressure washer. It is basically a pre wash to remove grit and grime to avoid scratching your paintwork whilst in the process of washing it with soapy water.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Just a quick heads up to let you know that Polished Bliss are currently running a 3 for 2 on all Auto Finesse products that they stock (until 28/03/13). This could mean some very good savings. I am a big fan of the "Citrus Power" dirt and grime remover but I am also going to try their "Obliterate" which is their tyre and glue remover.

Anyway, just wanted to share in case it was of any interest to anyone else.
I'm puzzled............ "Obliterate" will remove tyres? How does this work, sir? and where would you need to remove glue from come to that? A pointless product surely?

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Is that stuff good then RCZ1? It's alway nice to hear a recommendation from a trusted source. I read the reviews on clean your car and it put me right off. I think that many Auto Finesse products are a bit dearer but they are good and the 3 for 2 deal just now kinda levels the playing field in terms of price.

Sorry Mr Rizz, are you looking at the right product on CYC, Valet Pro do have a few similar products. I've written a review for the product I mentioned on the CYC site and it's had rave reviews. That's why I'm a little confused when you say the reviews put you off.

The 3 for 2 offer is very good but I personally didn't think Citrus Power cleaned as well as people had said. But we all like different things so it never harms to try these things.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

I'm not sure RCZ1...:eusa-think: This is the one that I looked at:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... _1087.html

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:
RON...I could have sworn I wrote tar remover.
Now that does make more sense. But Glue?

I have 4 year old twin daughters. One of their favourite things to do is get paper and spread glue around and then get the glitter out.

Now imagine those hands on your pride and joy parked on the driveway outside - I think I may have to buy some of this just in case... :crazy:

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:

I have 4 year old twin daughters. One of their favourite things to do is get paper and spread glue around and then get the glitter out.

Now imagine those hands on your pride and joy parked on the driveway outside - I think I may have to buy some of this just in case... :crazy:
Yep. That is one reason for buying two bottles and getting one free :lol: I don't have a child let alone two, so on second thoughts, I'll give this remarkable product a miss

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:

Residual glue left over from tape on the back of a reg plate, or stickers etc on your windows. For much the same reason you can use WD40 to remove both tar and glue.

A

Anonymous

...or for the reasons johnw just listed! :lol::lol::lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:

I'm not sure RCZ1...:eusa-think: This is the one that I looked at:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... _1087.html

Yes that is the one. There are two sizes - this is a link to the smaller one where I have done a review

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... _1095.html

It IS brilliant used as a pre wash in a chemical sprayer. You can physically see all the dirt running off the car and it power washes down about 90% clean. In fact I have on occasions just used the pre wash and them Power wash down and rinse and that's it during the winter months. It's not the best snow foam but if used as pre wash- the BEST.

A

Anonymous

As I said, I'd be far more trusting of feedback from you than some random joe b. I'll give it a bash sometime soon then!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 - have you ever used Autobrite Direct's "Wax Off"? If so, what did you think of it? Again, I am interested to hear youe thoughts and of your experiences as I trust you and your knowledge above that of most other people!

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm flattered Mr Rizz but I only go by what I've used :)

I've not tried any Autobrite products I'm afraid but I can tell you a little secret. Auto Finesse Tough Coat sealant is really Autobrite's Seal and Protect. Its rebottled and the AB is cheaper. Happens quite a lot apparently.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Seamusoh2 said:

This is an image of a "Snow Foam Lance" it attaches to the end of a power washer eg Karcher. You add a diluted mixture of snow foam into the bottle, attach to pressure washer and spray contents over your car. Leave for a period of time (say 15 minutes) and then blast off with water via the pressure washer. It is basically a pre wash to remove grit and grime to avoid scratching your paintwork whilst in the process of washing it with soapy water.
Cheers. I gave one of those. Didn't have a clue what it was for :-(

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I've not tried any Autobrite products I'm afraid but I can tell you a little secret. Auto Finesse Tough Coat sealant is really Autobrite's Seal and Protect. Its rebottled and the AB is cheaper. Happens quite a lot apparently.

Really...?! :-o Wow!! I never knew that!! It makes you wonder then what other products you pay a premium for... : eusa-think: