What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

208 GTi 30th Edition

Tomas_90

Reaction score
It looks alright. I testdrove a 208 GTi tho but i thought it was slower than my RCZ somehow.

I won't be buying one sadly.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It's a mighty fine looking thing, and I'm sure it's like sh*t off a shiny shovel, but it would be an RCZ every time for me :eusa-think:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 26,418
A

Anonymous

Only 100 of the 30th are coming to the UK in 3 colours 75 in red/matt black, 20 in red and 5 in white Pearl Effect. Number of guys I know have bought them, so a few already bought by collectors to be shut away!!!!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I like it! Mainly because it is a reworked version of the standard 208 GTi. Reworked by the same guys who put their hands on my RCZ R. And the result is more than remarkable, especially when you compare an RCZ 200THP with the RCZ R. Not only the power but the handling of the car, the suspension, the brakes. Just the whole package. It is a big step up, not only cosmetic surgery.

So when they did the same magic to the 208, then it is on!

A

Anonymous

My main concern is, once again pricing. It's going to cost £21,995. A Fiesta ST is four grand cheaper and, if you get the Mountune version, likely to be a significantly better car.

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
It's a mighty fine looking thing, and I'm sure it's like sh*t off a shiny shovel, but it would be an RCZ every time for me :eusa-think:

I'm thinking along the lines of that car magazine article a member posted on this forum. It's a car for tossers in the proposed colour schemes. Same goes for Fiesta ST with added kit. JMO ,but I'm always right and when wrong, I was right to be.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
My main concern is, once again pricing. It's going to cost £21,995. A Fiesta ST is four grand cheaper and, if you get the Mountune version, likely to be a significantly better car.
Yes, this Peugeot pricing (in general) really boggles the mind... Where do they get these numbers from? They should have put the 208 below both the Fiesta ST and Renault Clio in price. I could bet my RCZ they would have doubled the sales.

tianorth

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
mrizzle said:
Yes, this Peugeot pricing (in general) really boggles the mind... Where do they get these numbers from? They should have put the 208 below both the Fiesta ST and Renault Clio in price. I could bet my RCZ they would have doubled the sales.

Haven't Peugeot or PSA just had a cash influx from the chinese because they were getting into money troubles?

So this will be their way of recouping some more money!

A

Anonymous

Right, reason I asked was because I was looking at chopping in the RCZ for one, but having seen & driven one, I won't be! :thumbup: I've just come back from the dealing and have concluded:

Good points:
- It's quick. Picks up really quickly.
- Looks great
- Has all the extras like sat nav/bluetooth etc
- Limited edition

Bad points:
- Price
- Peugeot WILL NOT drop a single penny on price for them
- Matt black paint... Getting a stone chip on that will be very expensive
- Same with door dings
- Insurance group is higher
- Felt like a downgrade from the RCZ... At the end of the day it's still a 208
- Interior is the same as the standard 208 but with 'red bits'

I can't justify taking one of these over the RCZ. The white model has silver wing mirrors, which don't look great (not seen the red version).

A

Anonymous

bazbaz said:
DKZ5745 said:

I'm thinking along the lines of that car magazine article a member posted on this forum. It's a car for tossers in the proposed colour schemes. Same goes for Fiesta ST with added kit. JMO ,but I'm always right and when wrong, I was right to be.

The ST is THE hot supermini to beat and, although I understand what you're getting at with it, it's a fantastic little car (particularly for a younger driver) and will give many cars something to worry about. They're rapid little things and the handling and fun factor is right up there.

Interesting to read your honest review captaintrips and thanks for sharing your findings/thoughts. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
bazbaz said:
DKZ5745 said:

The ST is THE hot supermini to beat and, although I understand what you're getting at with it, it's a fantastic little car (particularly for a younger driver) and will give many cars something to worry about. They're rapid little things and the handling and fun factor is right up there.

Interesting to read your honest review captaintrips and thanks for sharing your findings/thoughts. :thumbup:

Majority of members are RCZ owners who may be looking at the car with interest as well as its competitors. RCZ owners past,present and future are all tossers according to the magazine, therefore a car for tossers.

Personally I would not recommend a hot supermini to any young driver for road use because when it goes wrong, it tends to go terribly wrong. I've seen a few (superminis) at tracks go down that route and that's within a relatively safe environment. Handling I can assure you is not right up there. Not even close. Not in real world conditions.

Then again everybody has the ability to find their own positives and negatives such as captaintrips. He seemed positive about the car in many aspects.

A

Anonymous

I'm not looking for a niggle here (honest!!) and I'm really genuinely enjoying all your posts but the new Fiesta ST is getting rave reviews across the motoring press with one of the standout features being its handling so I'm a little thrown by your remarks. (See http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/st-hatchback for one example).

However, as you say, inexperience and over confidence is a potentially lethal combination. I do sometimes feel that this is the case with track days however with drivers being seduced by the thrill of speed, the rush of adrenaline and the perceived safe environment. It's a recipe for disaster though of age/experience if the driver's skill is lacking/doesn't match their confidence. If a Nurburgring taxi driver can get it wrong then anyone can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... LdDciLMdv8

Anyway, all this aside, I appreciate the debate and respect your views. Life (and forums) would be boring if we all held the same taste and views. Right, I'm getting guilty of sidetracking this so back on topic...