What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

2011 RCZ Headlight Brackets broken, both o/s and n/s, repairable or replace?

REDORDEAD44

Reaction score
Hi, RCZ just failed mot for both headlight brackets broken by securing bolts.
I have been quoted £1k to replace both headlights!
Is glueing an option?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, RCZ just failed mot for both headlight brackets broken by securing bolts.
I have been quoted £1k to replace both headlights!
Is glueing an option?
You can buy repair kits for exactly that issue I believe they sell em on eBay 👍

REDORDEAD44

Reaction score
The brackets broken, are part of the back of the headlight, which then bolts onto the wing.
All I am seeing on eBay is the wheel arch brackets, and there for the 308?
I was told by Peugeot service dept that the 308 is not compatible with the RCZ, totally different style headlight?

REDORDEAD44

Reaction score
I have now super glued bracket back onto light, and will use a soldering iron with the use of a cable tie as my plastic filler, to try and reinforce the bracket, and see if that holds.

Valex

Reaction score

Pedro

Reaction score
Glued 1 of mine in with Araldite epoxy last year before mot still solid as a rock

MagnaSteyr

Reaction score
This issue appears to strike for unknown reasons with a few RCZ's that I've heard of. High strength Araldite Epoxy as Pedro mentioned will do the trick and last forever but you can also get the break plastic welded which is essentially stronger than new. Hope one of these works for you 🤞

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Hello RedorDead44
I had exactly the same issue with both my headlights on my RCZ 156 when I bought it in May this year.

Took the headlight clusters out and fixed both brackets using high strength epoxy mix by Plastic Padding (from Halfords) and instead of using a soldering iron/cable ties I used strips of car body repair aluminium mesh. Cut the mesh to size then (carefully) 'touch in' the mesh to the plastic using the soldering iron. The mesh melts to just below the surface of the bracket and gives a really strong bond, then overspread with the epoxy. To hold the two broken pieces together for the job I just super glued the edges together.

This method was so successful for me that I have used it to fix a much bigger job on the rear bumper where the whole of the wheel arch bracket had come away from the wheel arch.

Hope this helps.

Bad Dog