What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

200 GT woes

Smangle

Reaction score
Hey all so here goes we just picked up an Rcz for the misses to replace her 307 she brought it as a non runner (yes she loves to give me ball ache lol) anyways it appears cylinder 1 has zero compression and from a quick look with the scope it looks like a cracked piston I'm going to pull the engine I'm a reasonably competent mechanic having rebuilt a few golf and vaux turbo engines but I'm wondering if the block from the 156thp is the same as the 200 as it would be easier to swap the head onto a new block rather than reboring it and I cannot seem to find a 200 block but there's loads of 156s anyone rebuilt 1 of these that could give me a few pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Pedro

Reaction score
Don't quote me but I don't think they are the same as someone has previously posted almost the same question regarding sourcing the head & if my memory is correct the 200 was only available from a main dealer so maybe failing that due to costs only leaves a second hand one or a refurb option on the old unit
The only other way is try the breakers search engines for a head off the 200 I would imagine there is one out there somewhere either way good luck in your endeavours

Smangle

Reaction score
My head is good I have crack tested and valves check out ok it's a block that I need I'm hoping the 156 or cooper block is the same so I can sway out the usable parts from my block and just replace the damaged piston and rod.

Pedro

Reaction score
Some of the mini engines are small & large bores if I remember I think the Cooper S has the biggest internal dimensions not sure about the "South African " variants

Smangle

Reaction score
I've checked the and head gaskets are the same so fingers crossed.

Smangle

Reaction score
Things are looking up I've had a good search and found that all the 1.6s appear to be the same block with the exception of the R I'll set up another thread when I begin the rebuild.