What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

12v socket and usb not working. I have checked the fuse

NewRCZowner

Reaction score
So the fuse at F9 (30 amp) and it’s ok. To be sure I changed the fuse. I am getting no power to either the 12v socket or the radio USB in the armrest. `can anyone shed some light into this before I put it into the garage for someone to diagnose the problem.

Thanks in Advance

Pedro

Reaction score
Lost power anywhere else ? Battery is OK ? If your battery has low power some Auxiliary systems might not operate RCZs have a inbuilt onboard " Power Load Management" configuration & it relies on a good power supply to ensure the commands from the ECU & BSI are being serviced you may also have a electrical system low circuit discharge or bad earth somewhere I would suggest (A) Battery Check with a Voltmeter (B)Hook up to diagnostic scanner which will also tell you if the battery is dying a slow death ?

NewRCZowner

Reaction score
Battery is new and checked. No issues there. The screen doesn’t show power economy mode either.

All of the other systems work fine. I have ordered some stereo keys so I can check the back of the RD5 unit as the USB gets power directly from the radio.

Checked the 12v fuse and is ok and also checked with a voltmeter and it shows nothing. So I’m thinking it might be a cable issue???

Pedro

Reaction score
Internal cable faults are rare but can happen usually if anything has been disturbed or tampered with & also if the radio has been removed at some point before for some reason

NewRCZowner

Reaction score
Thanks @Pedro I will let you know if I manage to find the fault. Fingers crossed it’s just pulled out of the back offer radio🤞🏻

NewRCZowner

Reaction score
So replaced the USB Cable at the rear of the radio and I must be unlucky. It turns out it was the lead that had packed up. As it’s all taped up and connected to the 12v in the centre console I decided to wire the New one into the glovebox. Ready for a double din in the future

Pedro

Reaction score
So replaced the USB Cable at the rear of the radio and I must be unlucky. It turns out it was the lead that had packed up. As it’s all taped up and connected to the 12v in the centre console I decided to wire the New one into the glovebox. Ready for a double din in the future
Yep sounds about right I would also just have a gander at the fuse box just to see if it all looks OK make sure it has the right fuses in the correct slots?
When someone has taped the wiring up they have possibly been at the fuses ?