What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

11 PLATE RCZ 156 GT - MAIN DEALER GARAGE, KENT

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
In the meantime, I’ll check to see if I have any of the T shirts left :eusa-whistle: :eusa-think: :eusa-shhh:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Sounds like your dealers just don’t know what they are doing?? If your timing chain has gone again then either they didn’t do the job properly in the first place or didn’t change all the parts, chain, tensioner, guides etc. Or if you have oil leaks have you let the oil level drop?
The water loss most probably is through the thermostat housing a common problem on this engine. The housing is plastic and over time it can split and leak coolant. It’s an easy relatively cheap repair. Another place there could be coolant loss is the turbo coolant pump if this is leaking it’s possible the coolant is dripping onto the turbo and evaporating?

There is a dealer repair for some cars to do with the turbo coolant pump ask your dealer to see if yours is one of the cars affected it should flag up on the Peugeot service box software.

And by the way anyone that knows what they’re doing should replace a timing kit within the day. :thumbup:

This is a different dealer to the original hostage situation - the first is no longer a Peugeot dealer / authorised garage :roll:

I will def ask about the turbo coolant pump.

My car has always been 'an oil eater'! Oil has never run that low as I keep an eye on it!

As for the timing chain / tensioner.... who knows!?

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Just out of interest NATSPLATNAT,

Who is your car warranty with as mine is just about to run out and I need to extend my warranty.
Just trying to get a feel for good and bad.

Hope your car gets sorted and good to see you still have the Z.

Cheers,

Pete mines an XXXL please :thumbup:

Mine is with Peugeot :) To be fair, they have never said 'no' to anything I have asked to be repaired under it (and there's been quite a few!!) ... I really hope that isn't about to change! :eusa-shhh:

This year it's gonna cost me around £359 (Peugeot Platinum +) for another year, including road side assistance, breakdown etc, European breakdown, wrong fuel cover, tyre changing (I am a girl you know! ;) ) and MOT warranty. Considering what my Z would have cost me to put right over the years, I am quite happy paying this. Mines 7 years old now, so if yours in newer (or you don't want as much cover) I would imagine it would be cheaper.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
NATSPLATNAT said:
Plecodoras said:
Just out of interest NATSPLATNAT,

Who is your car warranty with as mine is just about to run out and I need to extend my warranty.
Just trying to get a feel for good and bad.

Hope your car gets sorted and good to see you still have the Z.

Cheers,

Pete mines an XXXL please :thumbup:

Mine is with Peugeot :) To be fair, they have never said 'no' to anything I have asked to be repaired under it (and there's been quite a few!!) ... I really hope that isn't about to change! :eusa-shhh:

This year it's gonna cost me around £359 (Peugeot Platinum +) for another year, including road side assistance, breakdown etc, European breakdown, wrong fuel cover, tyre changing (I am a girl you know! ;) ) and MOT warranty. Considering what my Z would have cost me to put right over the years, I am quite happy paying this. Mines 7 years old now, so if yours in newer (or you don't want as much cover) I would imagine it would be cheaper.

Hi NATSPLATNAT,
that's good news really that you have never been refused claims from the Peugeot warranty, I know another forum member has had good results from them too. Though it is a Peugeot extended warranty it is administered by CARCAREPLAN and they don't get good reviews, so, this is a good result.
My earlier post .... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12121
shows what mine comes out as and it's £289 for a year with all you mentioned, so I think I'll go with that too, many thanks and good luck with your Z. :thumbup:

I will have to work on my eyelash flutter now !!

:beer: Cheers M.

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
1 week progress report....

Peugeot man has been to assess my car; all provisionally approved under warranty - he has asked them to strip part of the engine down to see if a couple of parts are damaged... if they are this will be added in, if not re-used! Man on the service desk not sure of what parts they are checking!! ? ! Peugeot man popping back tomorrow pm to check on stripped down engine.

All going according to plan and after it has been MOT'd I should be able to pick it up Friday pm / Monday am!!

I will get a copy of the work sheet (for my own reference obviously!)

ps, there is still the mystery of the missing coolant!! :lol:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Ok, hands in the air... I'm no mechanic! Can someone please tell me where the heating matrix is in my Z as they are talking about taking my dashboard apart to change it and that makes me a little nervous!!
Thanks a bunch x

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
In the bottom of the dashboard, unfortunately.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
OK, as I thought.. Anything in particular I need to look for when I get my Beast back. Its looking like another 2 week captivity... Due back Tues!! Fingers crossed x

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Leaks maybe, annoying rattles from the dash.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
Great!!! I will be looking and listening carefully when I get it back!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sorry, I can’t use the T shirts, this is due to a spelling mistake at the factory. I am absolutely certain that I specified
“Free the KENT 1” :wtf: :oops: :eusa-whistle:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Sorry, I can’t use the T shirts, this is due to a spelling mistake at the factory. I am absolutely certain that I specified
“Free the KENT 1” :wtf: :oops: :eusa-whistle:

:shock:

NATSPLATNAT

Reaction score
My beloved Z is back!.... after 16 days! :dance:

Heating is working.... just what I need when its already 20'c outside today!

Managed to get a copy of the items replaced under warranty.... grand total for parts and labour £1190.83

Happy to have extended warranty at £330 a year! :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
NATSPLATNAT said:
My beloved Z is back!.... after 16 days! :dance:

Heating is working.... just what I need when its already 20'c outside today!

Managed to get a copy of the items replaced under warranty.... grand total for parts and labour £1190.83

Happy to have extended warranty at £330 a year! :thumbup:

That instills me with confidence as from what yourself and DKZ has said about Pug Ext Warranty. I extended mine for a year inc EU breakdown etc - £289 well worth it for the peace of mind of breaking down if nothing else?

Thanks and good luck with your Z now you have it back, hope it's all it was before but hotter !! :thumbup:

:beer: Cheers M.

tianorth

Reaction score
If its the Peugeot extended warranty, ring them up and add non mechanical breakdown for £20 as it includes calling them out for punctures, otherwise its £120 per time!!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
tianorth said:
If its the Peugeot extended warranty, ring them up and add non mechanical breakdown for £20 as it includes calling them out for punctures, otherwise its £120 per time!!!!

Yeah that's what I got Chris - thought it was a no brainer - after the blow out things could have been different, so well worth the extra £20 !! :thumbup:

Cheers :beer: M.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,495